1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jacksonville may be on to something

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

433 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I usually only go to 1 or 2 games a year and watch the rest at home, perfect balance. They already show scores/highlights/stats from other games during breaks sometimes.

The red zone channel is great, but people nowadays have a very short attention span and it's getting worse, it's like in the movie thread where people can't go 5 minutes without checking their phone. I sort of see the red zone channel as a symptom of that.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    Anyone who thinks the NFL created the Red Zone channel to provide a better experience for the fans is grossly wrong, IMO.

That channel is designed only for the purposes of taking advantage of the fantasy football trend and making more money. Thats it.
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    It's terrific when several games are on at once. Then, typically two or three games kind of take center stage - OFTEN NOT THE ONES YOU EXPECTED - and you can go to those games and toggle back and forth.

Once a big upset is brewing, or a game is tight going into the fourth quarter, I go there full time. So often, the "game of the week" is a blowout, while the Browns and Buccaneers are in an unexpectedly great game or the Chiefs are upsetting the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Until that is all in play, the Red Zone channel is a great way to watch all the games developing at the same time.
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    They don't give the time, the possession, and they're often lagging behind.
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Future I miss the Mikey Powell sig that was pretty sweet
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    Haha, I kind of got sick of looking at it. Thought it was time to change it up.
  7. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,355 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Well if you ever want to sell game ticket PM me here...
  8. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Looks like ufc sort of stole your idea, plus it was cool to see a lax representation on here. They're far and few between lol
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    Yea, he 100% did, and he admitted to it lol

Ill get another lax one at some point. It is summer after all
    FiveRings likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,956 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    If not for anything, this is why you go to the games. Spend as much time with your dad as you can, and then decidey about watching from the couch or the stadium at some other less important time.