1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jacob Rogers

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheEnigma, Aug 14, 2005.

1. TheEnigma

TheEnigma Anomaly

948 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Do we know anything about his injury or how long he will be out?
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    I do not know the answer, sorry. That word should come out tomorrow. But I'm not sure if it even matters anymore. It seems that he will have a not so complimentary nickname soon. "Fragile man" is probably my favorite. The bottom line is he doesn't appear to be a player that can be counted on. Another way to put it is some would be surprised if he were able to be a regular contributor.
  3. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

2,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    they said on the radio broadcast last night that it was a sprained knee and they weren't sure about the timetable for his return.
  4. Merlin

Merlin Member

363 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This guy just seems injury prone. It is no way that he can be counted on to be your starter at RT. The word fragile comes to mind. We need to sign a RT and soon. The offensive line did not look good at all against the Cardinals.
  5. TDHND

TDHND Member

568 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We should sign a free agent that is out there then.
  6. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,537 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    It is so sad to hear about Rogers and his injury troubles. I really suspect this fellow may have weak connective tissue. If so, it is amazing he has come as far as he has but it would speak to a generalized tendency to injury.
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Nickname?

I think we're real close to "bust" or "next" :cool:
  8. Tricky-22

Tricky-22 Git R Done

472 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I can't help but to agree with you.

But I also remember the Cowboys having a receiver several years ago with the same reputation. I think his name was Jimmy Smith. (ring a bell anyone)

The Cowboys gave up on him as being too fragile. When he finally got healthy, he went to the pro-bowl.

I hope that the Cowboys stick it out with Rogers. He could still be something special.
  9. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,537 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Jimmy Smith's injuries were of a different nature. He broke his leg in his first year and then had a ruptured appendix his second year. These are two quite unrelated injuries.

Rogers has had four shoulder surgeries and now has injured two different parts of his body within a week at TC.
  10. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hate to say it but it looks as if he will deligated to the IR squad the rest of his career
  11. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If he's going to stay on the IR, his Cowboy career won't last long. Mind you, I don't think he's getting cut or anything just yer, but I do think he needs to get on the field and prove he can stay there.
  12. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To the surprise of many of you I am not a Dr. but I don't ever recall anyone with a sprained knee (which as I understand it is a slight tear in one of the ligaments) coming back back in less than 4 weeks. And that's only if its a slight tear in the MCL.

ACL's and PCL's are another story all together.

A couple of years ago R Ismail sprained his MCL and was out at least 4 weeks and we were all praying for that to be the best case scenario.

Guess we'll know after the MRI :(
  13. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He had a history at USC of milking his injuries. I don't know if he's fragile, or just unwilling to play through pain. Starting Pettiti ahead of him was Parcells way of showing him that he wasn't pleased that he let a non structural injury take him out of practice. And it was reported during the game that Parcells relayed it to Rogers that something had better come up in his X-Rays.
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    If that is true, the wrath of BP will rain down on him eventually. That could get ugly.
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    This was Pro Football Weekly's analysis of the pick during the draft.

16. underdark

underdark Member

501 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    My grandpa used to refer to the retread tires he put on his farm trucks as "maypops". When I got old enough to be curious, I asked him why.."maypop anytime" was his answer.

That's my new nickname for Jacob Rogers - Maypop.
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I bet if it were up to Parcells, he'd waive him tomorrow. I really mean it.

Maybe that's too soon to give up on a second rounder, but if Parcells puts Rogers at second team for two days after merely getting his shoulder checked out, I bet this has made him lose all faith in the guy.
  18. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think we need to see exactly what the injury is first...

Having said that, the draft report seems prophetic. He seems to have the talent and head, but as Bill would say, you have to see his heart. That hasn't been shown yet.
  19. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,480 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    I guess BP either doesn't read those genius reports, or he doesn't put much stock in them...let's not forget that it was he who drafted Rogers ahead of guys who were expected to go before him.
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Or maybe he thought Rogers was good value for the pick and/or that he could get through to him.