1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jags trade LT Monroe to Ravens for picks....

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Risen Star, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,775 Messages
    10,074 Likes Received
    We have another high-profile NFL trade.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed on a deal that will send left tackle Eugene Monroe to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for multiple draft picks, per a source informed of the transaction. NFL Media's Albert Breer reported the compensation is two 2014 mid-round picks, per multiple sources informed of the trade. The deal is pending a physical and ESPN first reported the trade.

Monroe has been one of the Jaguars' best players since being selected with the eighth overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. He is under contract through the 2014 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...trade-eugene-monroe-to-ravens-for-draft-picks
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Hmmm. He goes from the worst to a contending team. I bet he's fine with that.
  3. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Good pick up for the Ravens.

Wonder who else the Jags trade away.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,024 Messages
    7,761 Likes Received
    Somehow, I never thought of it before, but JAGs is a mildly amusing name for a bad organization for anyone familiar with that particular Bill Parcels-ism.
    Muhast likes this.
  5. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    It is pretty amusing. Most of their team is made up of JAGs. "Just Another Guy"
  6. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,400 Messages
    1,358 Likes Received
    Looks like the Jaguars GM has a plan. Interesting quality.
  7. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    that's still a pretty high price 2 draft picks
  8. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    Mid_round picks for a young, franchise LT? Wow, I'd hate to be a Jags fan.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    I think it's pretty obvious to the Jags front office that they're in serious trouble. They have absolutely nothing on that team. They have no QB, their RB is now worn down (at least appears to be), their WR are mediocre at best. No real offensive line, no defensive line, their secondary is trash.

They're a hot mess. They're going to need all the picks they can possibly get.
  10. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,770 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    They should flip MJD to the Cards or Rams, just fire sale the whole team and start from scratch. First signing...Tebow. What could go wrong?