1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

James Carmon Offensive Tackle

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Apr 23, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,206 Messages
    3,035 Likes Received
    Interesting late round or UDFA Offensive Tackle.

Converted from DT to OT prior to the 2011 season. Played LT in 2011.

Very raw but good size and measureables.

Comparison to 1st/2nd rounder Mike Adams:

[IMG]
  2. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This guy will be raw as raw can be. He might have a year at LT under his belt, but it was in a gimmick offense that rarely threw downfield.

I don't think he was notable as a LT except for his size. He does have a bit of a mean streak, and he came back from a gruesome-looking knee injury (turned out to be an MCL sprain) suffered in the Auburn game after missing only one game, so I think he's pretty tough.

Worth a shot because of his size and passable athleticism. Addison Lawrence, who played RT across from Carmon will probably get a look as well, but it's pretty telling that Lawrence didn't get flipped over to LT in favor of a converted nose tackle.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,840 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    Let's use today's 2012 NFL Draft Prospect Profile to look at a player who could fall into that third day/UDFA category. James Carmon, an offensive tackle from Mississippi State is an intriguing player with size at 6-foot-7, 330 pounds and athleticism. The Giants have worked him out, so let's get to know a little more about him.

Wes Bunting of the National Football Post sees Carmon as a development project. He points out that Carmon is a JUCO transfer and former defensive lineman who spent just one season at offensive tackle. Bunting, though, likes Carmon's athletic gifts.

"He's a gifted athlete for his size who at worst is worth a developmental/free agent grade. He's the type of lineman I would love to have/develop on my practice squad for a year and see how much he can develop."

NEPatriotsDraft.com points out that Carmon faced three probably first-round picks in his lone season at left tackle -- Dontari Poe of Memphis, Melvin Ingram of South Carolina and Courtney Upshaw of Alabama.

Mike Garafolo reported recently that the Giants like Carmon's "physical and nasty" disposition.

Ourlads calls Carmon a "developmental player with tools."

Thoughts, Giants fans?

James Carmon Profile

Height: 6-foot-7
    Weight: 330 pounds
    School: Mississippi State

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/4/2...ect-profile-james-carmon-ot-mississippi-state