1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

James Harden Traded To Houston

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's on ESPN now. Harden is gonna be traded to Houston for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and a couple of draft picks.
  2. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    they are weaker now vs the spurs. I dont know or care if it makes their team better or worse against anyone else.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,319 Messages
    3,185 Likes Received
    gave up more draft picks? booo....

But I like the trade overall..
  4. MC KAos

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    the rockets were probably going to lose martin after this year anyway, and they already traded their first rounder to toronto in the lowry trade. plus, they werent bad enough to tank and get a high pick to get that back.
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,826 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    I think this was a preemptive deal which allowed OKC to get something for a player they likely weren't going to be able to sign longterm.
  6. MC KAos

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    problem is they could have done better, just the other day someone was saying they could deal him and ibaka to minnesota for kevin love and the TWolves actually would listen to them. they gave him up for lamb in reality, because they wont be able to resign martin either, he is a FA after this season. id much rather have kept harden, made 1 last run this year and then do a sign and trade with whomever got harden, and receive a massive trade exception.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lakers/Spurs in the West Finals. I'm dead serious too. I really think losing a terrific player like Harden makes them significantly worse. MC is right they could've and should've waited and gotten a much better deal than this. Awful trade. As a Lakers fan I'm thrilled, but if I was an OKC fan I'd be furious. Incredibly moronic trade. First of all Harden wouldn't been restricted so they could've easily matched any offer he was given. Second if you're gonna trade him you don't make a trade like this and to a West team.
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,319 Messages
    3,185 Likes Received
    I actually just read the details.. Not too bad.. They gave them their Dallas, Toronto 1st rd picks.. and Charlotte's 2nd rd pick.

It's the contract that's kinda ridiculous, but not unexpected. 4 yr, 60m
  9. MC KAos

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    word, that Toronto pick wont be that great IMO, i think the raptors will be a border line playoff team in the east. as for the contract, teams have given much more money to much worse players, like joe johnson or roy hibbert.
  10. MC KAos

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    cant say i disagree. they screwed the pooch with that trade, their biggest strength vs the geezers of the spurs/lakers was their athleticism, they lost some of that in crunch time.
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,467 Messages
    1,972 Likes Received
    No wonder Durant looked so unhappy at the OU game earlier... :mad:
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,717 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    Everybody's scrambling to keep up with Philly.

Good luck with that.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,161 Messages
    2,751 Likes Received
    :bow:
  14. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,944 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Harden doesn't have to worry about choking in the Finals anymore.
  15. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I really haven't followed the NBA that closely since the 80's but if this trade is bad for OKC, I am disappointed for Kevin Durant. I was fortunate enough to see him play a couple of times in HS. He seems like a really good kid.
  16. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I still pull for the Knickerbocker's. Old habits from my Jersey days with real competition. Ready to go all in with the Thunder. Then they do this. I thought he had a full season left?
  17. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,265 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    He turned down the OKC offer and they couldn't risk losing him for nothing (I still believe they could have got a better deal though).
  18. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was restricted though man. Oklahoma City could've matched any offer for Harden. They made a crappy extension offer though. I cannot believe they thought a four year/52 million dollar extension was going to make Harden satisfied. He wanted max money and rightfully so. When you have average players like Brook Lopez and Roy Hibbert getting near max money a guy like Harden definitely deserves in.
  19. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,476 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Thunder already basically signed 3 guys to near max deals so they weren't going for a 4th. They decided go cheaper resign some guys already on the team like Maynor and Thabo. And then possibly getting future players in the draft. Kevin Martin isn't a bad piece to add to the Thunder roster either. Don't know about Lamb. The only bad thing about this trade is that the Thunder basically have no backup center outside of Collison.
  20. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I was hoping Harden would become a FA after the year so he could return to the Phoenix area and play for the Suns. Dang..