1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Janoris Jenkins or Dre Kirkpatrick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Feb 3, 2012.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,407 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Janoris Jenkins or Dre Kirkpatrick if both available who is the best selection for the Dallas Cowboys ?
  2. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    After some really intense back ground checks, the one that comes up the cleanest. But as for sheer talent probably Jenkins. The combine will give us more insight on Kirkpatrick.
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Neither. They are both boneheads. I think we can all agree that this team has enough boneheads and not enough smart football players. Or, maybe we like the fact that the team drafts boneheads so we have something to talk about?
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received

BP called this team stupid; hard to argue with that. Agree that drafting a dopehead is a dumb move.
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,837 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    Dre no question. Jenkins is to small for us.
  6. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,544 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    dont the smaller receivers give us the most problems in the NFC east? Cruz,the eagles smurfs ,moss etc.
  7. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,258 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    This is exactly what I am trying to determine. IMO, one of these two WILL be our 1st round pick
  8. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received

very doubtful that Jerruh will risk a 1st on a druggie; not with the mess with Hurd still lingering.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,268 Messages
    1,910 Likes Received
  10. ABQcowboyJR

2,837 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    I think we have had more problems with bigger WR's. Burress used to kill us, Nicks gives us problems. Remember the absolute field day the Kenny Britt had with us. Chargers murked us as well. Megatron single handedly beat us. Over the last season, when the aforementioned WR's had big catches on us. It was primarily on one db, Newman.
  11. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,005 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Jenkins is the better CB overall and would be the better fit IMO. I think the Cowboys like Kirkpatrick better though because of his size and the way he tackles.
  12. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,258 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    Lol, Sam Hurd mess has nothing to do w us. Not up to this point
  13. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,506 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    As long as its one of them I'll be very happy
  14. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Its tough. They are 2 completely different types of players. Jenkins has lock down corner potential. He may be hampered by his size, but that shouldnt stop him from having a very successful career. Dre on the other hand, may not be all that successful as a shutdown CB. However, I can see him making a pro bowl in 3-4 years once he converted to FS. Hes got everything you look for in a FS including the frame to add another 5-10 pounds to bulk up and play in the box when asked. Hes a very good tackler and you wouldnt have a problem leaving him 1 on 1 with the slot WR or TE's. Guess it just depends on what we are looking for.
  15. ABQcowboyJR

2,837 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    I don't see him being able to cover in the slot. From what i've scene he doesn't have fluid enough hips. Outside CB IMO.
  16. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Maybe, maybe not. My point was that he would be 1 of the better cover safetys around given his CB background. You wouldnt feel uncomfortable if he had to cover the slot in a given situation like we have with all of our safetys in recent history.
  17. ABQcowboyJR

2,837 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    I see your point. But I really want a safety if I'm going to draft one. I'm tired of all of these experiments we've had going on at that position.
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    I hear you, but we have been experimenting with junk. Kirkpatrick is a supreme talent. Far from the Alan Ball's of the world that we have been stuck with. Plus this is yet another weak safety class. Kirkpatrick would be like my 3rd or 4th choice at 14, but unfortunately it could come down to that depending on how the draft goes.
  19. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    If you believe that I have this bridge for sale. In Brooklyn.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,995 Messages
    2,389 Likes Received
    Neither one. Chase Minnifield.