1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jared Allen Still Hasnt Made A Decision

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

5,006 Messages
    1,804 Likes Received
  2. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,771 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    it wasnt him saying it. he was repeating what charean williams said in the article.
  3. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,812 Messages
    965 Likes Received
    As per NFL Radio, Allen's stats far exceed those of Ware and Peppers the past 3 years and is only 3 months older that Ware, and 2 years younger than Peppers. He should get the bigger contract than those 2. He has been more consistent than both throughout their careers.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  4. Nirvana

5,006 Messages
    1,804 Likes Received
    No thanks. Best of luck to him.
  5. Nirvana

5,006 Messages
    1,804 Likes Received
  6. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,756 Messages
    1,731 Likes Received
    It's not just about stats and age, it's about the market too. We're over a week into free agency, and the market has dried up a lot. That's on Allen. If you're 1 of 3 defensive ends on top of the market, the last thing you want to do is be the 3rd to sign...

Let's say 7 teams were seriously looking at the 3 of them. Right off the bat it looks like its a player friendly market. But then you move down to 6 teams looking at 2, and 5 teams looking at 1. And maybe some of those 5 teams have spent money on other needs, and feel like they can address the position in the draft rather than spending 10 million on a aging player. How many defensive ends are slated to go in the first round? The closer we get to the draft and further from the first day of free agency, the worse the market is for Allen.

After the draft he will have to wait for an injury to happen in training camp, preseason, or in the season to a contender, but even then the money is probably not going to be there.

He would do well to take a contract similar to Peppers. He overplayed his hand.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,933 Messages
    2,467 Likes Received
    Looks like about 2 sacks in favor of Allen since Ware was drafted.

Of course Allen hasn't spent a number of years playing a position that puts him in coverage, thereby reducing snaps with which to get sacks.

PFF looks to have Allen down for about 700 more pass rushing attempts over the last 5 years. Most years about 100 but 2013 was vastly different.

Not taking anything away from the guy, he's great. Just pointing out that the little advantage in production has come at a huge advantage in opportunity.
    khiladi and JonJon like this.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

16,076 Messages
    3,296 Likes Received
    JA is milking this thing like a Jersey cow...................LOL

I highly doubt we are going to get into a bidding war for a 31 yr old DE, especially if the Raiders are front loading their offer.
  9. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,996 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    What's taking long too decide I'm guessing if we were in it they'd b reporters on it, but if we are in it he probably was gnna decide already so Seattle got him a second visit too mess with his mind lol idk
  10. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Interesting, I think most of us expected this was the case and we easily made the right decision. I still wouldn't mind a slight overpay for a one or two year deal to hold things down while we rebuild but it would have to be a good deal more than Seattle and it doesn't like like we are interested. Either way I'm fine with it.
  11. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

1,719 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    But Ed "Legit" Werder said it was so!!
  12. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

5,113 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
  13. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

2,302 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    unless you're Brett Favre
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,976 Messages
    3,345 Likes Received
    He needs to just retire.
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,976 Messages
    3,345 Likes Received
    His drop back looks pretty textbook. Good footwork. He's clearly better and our front office is incompetent. We should cut Romo and sign him to play QB. #dazone
    JonJon likes this.
  16. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,635 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    I couldn't let your witty humor go unrecognized.
  17. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,124 Messages
    3,239 Likes Received
    "Must be da money!"

I think he and his agent badly misplayed the market.

The stories about Denver offering him a deal before Ware are likely true, and now that offer is off the table and the market has dried up.

And it likely comes down to playing for less money and a ring in Seattle, or playing for money and no shot at winning anything in Oakland.

Or hanging it up.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

54,413 Messages
    7,232 Likes Received
    We won't. It is the new way of thinking and doing biz at VR.
  19. cowboyfan4life_mark

cowboyfan4life_mark 5 outta 8 ain't bad

3,016 Messages
    98 Likes Received
  20. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

5,113 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.