1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jared Allen Still Hasnt Made A Decision

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,243 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    He'll be a Cowboy by Monday!
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  2. COWBOYSNUM1

COWBOYSNUM1 Active Member

625 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I would love to have him signed to a good contract by Monday. I hope you're right.
    CowboyStar88 and Gameover like this.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,873 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    well we have pretty much nothing as an edge rusher right now; and there is not a lot in the draft that we have any chance at that would be better.

Jackson Jeffcoat in the 2nd or 3rd would probably get us about as much and a lot cheaper. And he is a second generation guy as well.
  4. bear34

bear34 Member

42 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Allen owned pro-bowl Jason Peters last time they meet. Had 2 sacks and was a major reason why Philly lost to the Vikings. Considering that Philly looks like the main competition for the division, I would think that Dallas would try to sign Allen.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,873 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    actually Allen's stats are somewhat better then deware's the previous two years prior to last year; but not that big of a gap. Last year of course there was due to Ware's injuries; and actually late 2012 as well. And of course the fact that they did play two rather different positions. Allen has had a considerable edge in number of rushes; so if you look at sacks/hurries as a ratio as regards rushes then Ware comes out on top.
  6. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,626 Messages
    1,040 Likes Received
    I know, we probably can't afford Jared Allen, but he may be our best chance to get to the playoffs this year after missing them for four straight years. Along with a real good draft...

I guess I'm just a bit tired of the season ending in December in recent years, and to end that streak we have to have a pass rush, IMO.
    pjtoadie likes this.
  7. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Active Member

683 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    common folks 69 is taken
  8. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,731 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    I one year contract masquerading as 3 years is digestible, even for 10M a pop. The other alternative is for Jerry to spend the same amount of money on 10 guys at value deals of around 1M each and settle for quantity over quality.

Allen is older but he is a true 4-3 end who is still EXCELLING on the field. Never mind his intangibles, leadership and edge he would bring to the team. I don't understand the walmart shopper mentality, when you can afford Armani.

Who in their right mind prefers 20 walmart specials (that will not fit or feel right & disintegrate in a year) over an Armani item (that should last you close to a lifetime of comfort)?
    dwight likes this.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,058 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received

Don't get your hopes up for this season.

We're a year away from being relevant again imo.
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  10. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,732 Messages
    347 Likes Received

11. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,731 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    So choice is between the ring (Seahawks), the money (Raiders), or home (Cowboys)??? Jerry needs to sweeten that deal.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,128 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    We were leverage for SEA, and Allen was leverage for Melton. I don't think he's a Cowboy unless he's sitting around still a few weeks from now.
    Little Jr, DCBoysfan and Common Sense like this.
  13. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,758 Messages
    1,040 Likes Received
    That means no one is giving in to his crazy demand of 10mill a year.
  14. Little Jr

2,732 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    he said it was not the raiders
  15. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,689 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    Jay glazer said 2 teams surprised him. One supposedly is the eagles. If that's true we need to make sure the price isn't crazy and take another look. The giants ang eagles have done decent in free agency
  16. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,790 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    I would make push for Allen because I think he is still pretty good. The guy isn't right in the head (I mean this in good way on football field) and hasn't started breaking down like Ware did. The Romo contract locks Dallas into winning now mode.
  17. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    @jonmachota: Stephen Jones told @BenRogers and @SkinWade that the Cowboys would love to have Jared Allen and Anthony Spencer if the price is right.
  18. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,273 Messages
    5,521 Likes Received
    Earth shattering. I am sure they would love to have Ware back "if the price was right".
    pjtoadie likes this.
  19. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,002 Messages
    1,538 Likes Received
    I am on the fence with bringing him in if he expects Dallas to pay him top cash....if he could be brought in on a reasonable deal, then his talent is undeniable....

he intrigues me (if I were the Dl, I couldn't yet say "he completes me")...
  20. Little Jr

2,732 Messages
    347 Likes Received

Earth shattering? No but it is news since reports have said it was melton or allen not both.
    Corleone and COWBOYSNUM1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.