1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jared Crick Tidbit...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 25, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm being told there are several teams who failed Crick during their medical evaluation. Please don't get this confused with failing the combine medical or that he failed a general NFL physical. As far as teams I can't help with that, I was not given that information.
  2. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,117 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    doubt it if it was true. Torn pectoral muscles could be tricky.. I was simply amazed how Kenny Norton Jr played with one of those back in the day.
  3. mickswag

mickswag Active Member

224 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    That's interesting. I wonder of that'll maybe push him out of the second for some teams. I'm guessing it will. By the way, are you putting your mock out tonight, SDogo?
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    So what exactly does that mean for his draft stock?
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    What does that mean exactly? Is that pectoral muscle not fully recovered yet?
  6. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received

Do you know if it was the pec or the concussions? I'd draft him @ 113 and stash him if its the pec. I'm not interested in the concussions.
  7. Randy White

6,117 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    another reason why I think Jenkins might not even be on the Cowboys draft board:

Just how prevalent was the drug use among Meyer’s players? A source told Sporting News that Patriots coach Bill Belichick spoke to the current Florida team this offseason, and addressed the issue and how it impacts NFL careers.

“His message was, in essence, don’t be like those guys,” a source said.

But none of those aforementioned drug problems was as prominent as All-American cornerback Janoris Jenkins', who, like Harvin, former players say, was protected by Meyer’s Circle of Trust. Jenkins failed a drug test at Florida under Meyer and was arrested for his part in a bar fight. He was later arrested twice for possession of marijuana within the first few months Muschamp was on the job.

In fact, in the first month of Muschamp’s tenure, three players—Jenkins, linebacker Chris Martin and defensive end Kedric Johnson—were arrested in separate incidents for possession of marijuana.

When he was dismissed from the team by Muschamp, Jenkins told the Orlando Sentinel: “If (Meyer) was still the coach at Florida, I’d still be there.”

This is the same Jenkins who, according to sources, walked out on Meyer’s postgame speech after the 2008 season opener and threatened to quit. Meyer not only brought Jenkins back without punishment, Jenkins eventually developed into a freshman All-American and played a big role in the team’s championship run.

Meyer says Jenkins “is a good kid who made a bad mistake,” and contends he was dealing with issues at Florida that occur at “every program in the country.” Every coach, he says, has his own way of dealing with them.

http://http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-04-09/urban-meyer-florida-ohio-state-ncaa-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc#ixzz1rZzcU3jb
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,700 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Dont want Crick anyway.
  9. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :look:

Umm, so what does this mean? He will drop a round or two? Does that put him in the third round?
  10. jswalker1981

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you in the wrong thread?
  11. Randy White

6,117 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Well, going by memory on Kenny Norton Jr, he was able to play with a harness that prevented him from raising his arm. I suspect that when teams doctor checked on Crick, he probably still couldn't extend his arm fully.
  12. Randy White

6,117 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Uh, no.. I was pointing out something to SDogo that I just finished reading.
  13. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Not done with it yet, trying to get my NFL mock and Cowboys mock done at the same time which was a bad idea. Schedule got thrown off this week.

I'll have one done by the afternoon, probably the Cowboys one.

I'm struggling on the NFL mock, I'm begging to believe I'm over thinking it.
  14. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I don't know honestly if it will have that much effect, it sounds as if it was only a handful of teams that came back with this conclusion. Now that does not mean more have and are not acknowledging it but I was told a handful. IMO, that's 5. I don't think it will be enough to push him back too far.
  15. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Sorry, that information was not released to me. You don't hear a lot about failed medicals for obvious reasons so I consider myself lucky to even know this little.
  16. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IIRC, Norton's was a torn biceps, not a torn pec.
  17. jswalker1981

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, it just didn't seem to fit with the discussion about Crick. I just thought there might have been another thread discussing Jenkins and you forgot which thread you were in. My bad.
  18. mickswag

mickswag Active Member

224 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I don't blame you with the 20+ prospects going in the first ten picks. :laugh2:
  19. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    It's funny because it's a joke and that's the way it seems but at the same time I'm pulling my hair out cause that's what I'm trying to do!

Really what it is, picks 3, 7 and 10. Minnesota can set this whole thing off one direction or the other. Then it has the chance to right itself at 7 or just blow the rest of the round to hell.
  20. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I ran into that in mine as well, Sdogo. I had scenarios where the Vikings went with Claiborne and it righted itself, and others where it twisted the whole thing. The worst one for figuring it out, though, was when I put in a trade between Tampa Bay and Minnesota. Tampa jumped from 5 to 3 and took Richardson ahead of Cleveland, leaving the Browns with the choice of Claiborne or Blackmon. They went with Blackmon, but it then led to another trade back for Minnesota because another team jumped up to 5 to get Claiborne. After about pick #11 and three trades...or was it four...I just threw the damned thing away and said, "If that happens, I'll just be wrong." :D