1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Jared Loughner pleads guilty, avoids death penalty

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by rkell87, Aug 8, 2012.

1. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,375 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-satisfied-with-jared-loughner-plea-deal.html

The same judge who ordered Loughner forcibly medicated to treat his schizophrenia a year ago ruled on Tuesday that he is now competent to stand trial, meaning he understands the charges against him and the consequences of seeking a plea deal. Loughner, 23, admitted his guilt in the court hearing and surrendered his right to plead insanity, ensuring he will spend the rest of his life in prison, but his life will be spared.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

32,741 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Why pay to keep this guy alive for the next 60 years? :facepalm:
  3. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,741 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Exactly my thought when I heard this. The judge said he was competent to take the stand and then they plea out? That is BS.

They have overwhelming evidence and could have put him on his death bed. I'm a little upset...
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

83,207 Messages
    6,527 Likes Received
    I guess some would rather face life in prision as opposed to being executed. :eek:
  5. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,307 Messages
    1,561 Likes Received

The guy was schizo and had to be treated for a year before they could even get him to plea. I guessing the prosecution didn’t want to take a chance on him going to an asylum instead of prison.
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    I think they should tell these guys, .. "sure, if you plea, we'll take the death penalty off the table."

And then when they plea, .. be like, "PSYCH !!"

You die tomorrow!
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

83,207 Messages
    6,527 Likes Received
    I like the scene from Count of Monte Cristo where the guy is being sent to a prison island for the rest of his life but they hand him a pistol with supposedly one bullet in it. However in the movie the gun is empty so off the dungeon he goes
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

15,979 Messages
    2,543 Likes Received
    My thoughts exactly, tax payer has to pay over and over for stuff like this. In China he'd have been executed months ago. Same thing gonna happen with the Joker in Colorado. He does the crime and tax payers do the time.
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

22,896 Messages
    2,565 Likes Received
    Unfortunately with the appeals process it's suppose to be even more expensive to execute them. It's a lot easier putting down a mad dog.
  10. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

4,576 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    Never heard of this man
  11. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Shocker! He was only tackled with the gun in his hand after firing.
    So let's waste more money and time and house and feed him as well as giving him a 'fair trial' to determine his guilt.
  12. rkell87

7,375 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    turn off mtv and check out cnn once in a while
  13. StarBoyz83

4,576 Messages
    984 Likes Received

I dont watch mtv or the news!! Waste of time
  14. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

22,896 Messages
    2,565 Likes Received
    He's the nut that went after the Congresswoman in Arizona and killed 6 people.
  15. rkell87

7,375 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    enabler lol
  16. StarBoyz83

4,576 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    Innocent people getting killed is getting old. Why cant these guys kill people that derserve to die? Theres plenty out there lol
  17. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Someone is MAKING money off of it though. Let's not forget the real issue here with the big business of incarceration.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Amen. The guy killed 6 people. Be done with him. I'm against the death penalty in most cases, but this was a cut and dry case of brutal killings. Insanity or not, I care not. Be done with him. Even insane guys, bordering on doing these things, don't see the lesson learned because this guy lives.

That said, I reserve the death penalty for the very few cases. I do believe in life sentences and even rehabilitation. But you can't do it for this guy. Anyway, SMH... it's all I can do, I guess.