1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TTexasTT, Nov 18, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That's the bottom line. We are 5-5. There is always tomorrow and I'm not giving up on the team. I think we still have a chance, although our OL is complete trash. The only thing that gives me hope is that we have a QB who can make up for them being so horrible.
  2. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,180 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    180 in 2.5 years? We had just won the division and won our first playoff game the year before!

Are we suppose to wait until Clint Stoerner is back and Ekuban? We have talent and any good to great coach can get this thing on track fast. Wake up!
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,224 Messages
    1,947 Likes Received
    Denver seems to have done it in a single year.

Last year, their OL was awful. Putrid. Absolutely horrid.

This year, they're one of the best in the NFL.

In 2011 they gave up 42 sacks and 68 hits.

This year so far, 11 sacks 25 hits.

What about Buffalo though?

2009: 46 Sacks, 103 QB Hits

2011: 23 Sacks, 69 QB Hits

Yeah, it's possible to get better play from the OL over 2 years. 2 full draft classes and 2 full free agency periods.........pretty sure that's enough to get some things done.

It's funny how turning around a secondary in a single season was the main objective in Dallas. Some might even say that they succeeded to a certain extent, especially before Church went down.

But turning around an OL over the span of 2 years.......that's just unheard of.
  4. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  5. a_minimalist

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    We don't have as much talent as you think we do. OL, FS, WR!, RB. We have a young group of strong players. That is something that has changed in the last 2 years. Also, what was our record when JG took over? Clearly the year before didn't mean anything. I know that doesn't fit into your argument and it's ignored though. I get you guys, I really do. :D
  6. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,108 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    Thats easy to figure out. Its what he sees in the future. :lmao2:

He sees the next Tom Landry. :lmao2:

He sees all of this in the process. :lmao2:
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    If that wasn't your point, what was it?
  8. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Really nice cherry picked stats. Amazing work! Lets just ignore the other glaring facts.
    Im new here but already have found a troll and get to use my ignore list.
  9. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,108 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    Wow, this makes a whole lotta sense. :banghead:
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,650 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    I dont get how you had a playoff OL (that was aging) and you blow it up with no plan what so ever. No one could play last year and they did very little to improve this year...some backup guard FA's and some street guys.

Little drafting for starters and no depth what so ever.
  11. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Sorry pal, there is no appreciation here. It took Garrett 2.5 quarters and 13 points down to finally give the offense over to Romo in the hurry up shotgun offense. This clown continues to call horrid games.

It also took him 2.5 quarters to figure out Dez had a mismatch and thier corners were terrible. Romo and the defense saved this clown once again.

The team was once again flat coming out of the gate, woefully unprepared, and the game plan was garbage.

Romo had to play miracle football again in the 2nd half just for us to pull this one out.
  12. a_minimalist

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    And nothing else needed to be addressed, right? Just OL? We had other problems as well. Also, the Broncos were getting Peyton Manning. He single handedly wins games.

Should the OL have been focused on more? Yes, but we have some pretty strong players at other positions. We'd lose them for linemen. You can't win them all.
  13. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,235 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    It's come to this? Blowing kisses to a coach and organization that is .500 over the last 16 years? Boy are the standards low on this board. Pathetic.
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,798 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Are you really asking why it upsets people that you act without courtesy. You readily admit to being discourteous; do you not know what that means?

One thing that the internet is still a work in progress is in how social conventions and courtesy are handled. As it stands now schadenfreude or plain ole trolling for angry responses is seen as 'fun.' The meme's of 'you mad?' just stink of antisocial behavior.

Gen X and gen Y types are both very culpable to this trend. Boomers on the other hand are not. One thing that I noticed about this board as opposed to the other gaming and likewise boards that i have been on is the truth of this.

I recall guys like trick, chief, hos and others always talking about class and how behaving with it is important. It was important around here as that was the culture.

Seems like those days are long gone and now we have people asking "why do you all get so butt hurt if I'm not 'civil'?" The worm, but oh does it turn.
  15. a_minimalist

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That it's still a win and fans shouldn't be as depressed as they are? I was being pretty straightforward. It's one game. We are 5-5. That's it. Now it's time for the next game.
  16. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,798 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Characterization so as to ridicule. Telling.
  17. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    And let us not forget the complete overhaul that Garrett did on the Oline the first year that will for all intense and purposes, waste the last 4 years of Romo's career. This clown thinks he can win a championship with Free at tackle, Berdeau at guard and Costa at Center. LMFAO!!!

We would have been better served losing today so that poker face would have been one more foot out the door.
  18. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Well obviously with a username like Novacek you are old schooll, hard nose, and expect nothing but the best!

Now... Being that Jason Garrett actually has supports, on a scale of 1-10, exactly how mad are you?
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,906 Messages
    3,973 Likes Received
    most of the name calling in this thread came from your side buddy.
  20. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,235 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Because anyone who opens their eyes can see the this thread is ridiculous. Do you not watch these games in their entirety? Show me the improvement from last year. Since 7-4 last year, this team has been awful.