1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett Press Conference -02/13/13 Interview Tweets Post #25

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 12, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,177 Messages
    5,731 Likes Received
    More added to Post #25
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,736 Messages
    558 Likes Received
    He IS saying he doesnt want to change anything. Just get it over with, he has way too much pride about this.

Its sort of like "we won the bye week" sillyness at this point.
  3. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,299 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Much of nothing IMO
  4. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,163 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    So Garrett needs six months to decide whether he or Bill Callahan will be calling plays?

Interesting.
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,514 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    its a process

not enough days have been stacked yet
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,676 Messages
    1,619 Likes Received
    He is very good at talking a lot without saying anything
  7. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,956 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    How many times does JG need to use the word "football" in his PC's???? I think everyone in the room and listening to this debacle understands he's the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys who happen to play football in the National Football League. Beyond that he sounds delusional to me.
  8. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Belichek does the same thing.
  9. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,074 Messages
    1,806 Likes Received
    In his own words, it has taken 2.5 years so far to figure out what is best for the team. It has gone from Garrett calling plays all the way down to Garrett still calling plays with some help from his tremendous coaching staff.

It might take another 2.5 years of collaboration, stacking good days on top of good days and evidence-based research studies on whether or not to adopt or reject his hypothesis of offensive play-calling.

Guess what Jason, your system has flaws that need to be addressed now, not in the future because there may not be one with the Cowboys.

This guy is stubborn as a mule, or so it seems to us. Who really knows what is going on at Barnum & Bailey Valley Ranch.

Fix the offensive line and it all may well end up good, but I think it will take more than that. We need new blood in the offensive scheme yesterday.
  10. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Got a feeling Jerry will get ahold of this and realize, fan wise, this was the worst press conference JG has ever given. He will understand it has left a large majority of the fans even more unsure of Garrett as a HC, but also more unsure of the FO as someone that can lead this team out of medocrity. Why would it take 7-8 months to decide who is your playcaller, unless u never had any plans to change in the first place--Hmm
  11. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Difference is Belichek wins games and titles, JG doesn't.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,625 Messages
    6,391 Likes Received
    There's, literally, nothing the man could have said that would not have some of you guys jumping off buildings.

This was about as generic a press conference as you're ever going to see. If you're upset about anything in it--anything at all--it's only because you want to act upset and not because anything objectionable was actually said.
  13. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,546 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    what a mess this is. And I have alot of respect for Jason but he is in a really bad situation now.
  14. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,806 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    I think the point to take away from all of this is that we will not be hiring an outside OC... but why sit here now and say who's calling plays? does it matter? there are no games to be played, and none the minicamps- OTA's and Training camp need a specific play-caller. The offense will still be the same, so as per the usual you fans cram for the answers to the questions you want, get upset when you don't get them, because you feel entitled to the answers. well guess what, no one cares, if anyone in Dallas cared about the fans thoughts and wishes, Jerry Jones wouldn't be the GM..so get over it, and talk about something substantial..like.. i don't know Free Agency?
  15. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,737 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Mess? Bad situation now? Well, truth be told, he's been the offensive coordinator for, what, 6 years. And he's been the head coach for 2-1/2 years. So, I think most level-headed, fair individuals would conclude that he is responsible for the "mess" or "bad situation" he is presently in. And, hey if the situation is so bad (as you seem to think) Garrett can leave any time he likes. Garrett is exactly in this situation (almost-fired) because he has not delivered results in large part from his failures as a head coach.

You don't really think Jerry Jones would actually care or try to stop Garrett NOW from leaving and going to another team if Garrett so desired?
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,308 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    Sounds to me as if they have no clue who will call plays still. It amazes me that his offense has been our problem, and yet we address everything else besides that. Sort of like Free agency. We need safety help, or Oline help, and we go LB.

IMO I think he's afraid to let Cally handle it, or anybody else. What happens when Cally comes in and we are top 5 in redzone scoring and top 5 in scoring? Who does the credit go to?
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,625 Messages
    6,391 Likes Received
    I definitely do. You don't?

And our situation is not bad, and it's not a mess. It just needs to improve.
  18. Plumfool

Plumfool Active Member

767 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Just wanted this post seen again.
  19. PAINFROMUKRAINE

PAINFROMUKRAINE Active Member

191 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Why do you respect Jason? The man has not earned anything. The OC and HC Jobs were handed to him based on "expectations". He has barely floated above water while being in charge. He has had 2 years with the "Stacking Process". So far, the "Stacking Process" Results have equaled failure. Hopefully, for all the Dallas Fans in the World, the "Stacking Process" finally is successful in Year 3.
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The playcalling hand wringing stuff is nonsense. Callahan will probably do the grunt work of the playcalling, with Garrett on headset with a strong voice in the discussion and ultimate ability to override the play if he doesn't like it. There is absolutely nothing at all unique about this arrangement. The 49ers will do the same thing between Harbaugh and Roman. The Saints will do the same thing between Payton and Carmichael. The Patriots will do the same thing between Belichick and Daniels. etc. etc.