1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett Press Conference 12/31

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by StevenOtero, Dec 31, 2012.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,827 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    And Boy Wonder has to not throw INT's!
  2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,816 Messages
    505 Likes Received
    Or maybe the defense won't give up 250 yards on the ground?
  3. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Oh good god. :banghead: Let me try to spin a positive out of that. That means they will go out and address the oline like they never had before this offseason so they will give Romo time to throw the ball and give the backs lanes to run the ball.
  4. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Yeah, that ought to be... interesting.
  5. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    We shall see about that. Here's an honest question. Would you rather have a coach who wants to coach or a coach who wants to be one of the greats and constantly studies them and talks to them? He's clearly aiming to be one of the greats.
  6. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,859 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    I wouldn't put it past Jerry to over ride JG and bring in an offensive coordinator and I also don't get why some believe that it emasculates Garrett in some way. Parcells or Jimmy didn't mind.

I know it's an emotional day and everybody's mad as hell but there is no doubt the team has a different mentality now but the X's and O's have to get better.
  7. rags747

rags747 Active Member

988 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I guess Im the only one who thought his press conf was pretty good. Strong and determined and keep on building it. Saw nothing mentioned of he would not give up play calling duties. Next yr will be yr 3...lets see how it all works out.

We are not that far off from being a pretty strong team. Give the OL Warmack and FA and we can make a run next yr if we dont suffer any more devastating injuries.

We need OL, safety, DL and another RB. Receivers we are set imo and Danny Coale will be avail to us as well.
  8. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I walked away with that as well. I thought he handled himself well.
  9. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,859 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Against every fiber in my being I checked in on ESPN and the NFL Network throughout the day and so my utter shock it wasn't a bash fest. Jaws, Merril Hodge and Brian Billick all said essentially the same thing. They agreed that we were pretty close and heading in the right direction. Safety and offensive line would be the priorities in the off season and we'd be right in the mix.
  10. Tractor1

Tractor1 Member

189 Messages
    7 Likes Received

If Jerry is truely committed to Jason he should end all speculation and extend his coach for another five years. Improvements are surely needed, but if the owner believes the coach has the team pointed the correct direction, not doing so, will eventually lead to the team's undoing.
  11. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,232 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    I'd rather have a coach that earned his position by going from the bottom and worked his way to the top. While doing this he "studies" under great coaches by working with them on a daily basis.

While taking 10 to 12 years or so working his way up by being assistant position coach all the way to coordinator he learns situational football and clock management so he wouldn't have to learn it on the job.

A couple of conversations with Jimmy and Coach K doesn't replace the experience of working under them for years.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,915 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    I dunno. I heard if you read a book about them it's just as good as being them, only younger.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,787 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    That is true, but Garrett played for Coach Jimmy Johnson.

And, both of those coaches are winners. Now, all Jerry and Garrett need to do is get some more great players and replace the ones that are not.
  14. birdwells1

3,232 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    I'm curious, what coaching tree did Garrett come from.
  15. lane

lane The Chairman

10,390 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    i want to know what tree he fell from.
  16. birdwells1

3,232 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    He played under Jimmy for 1 year, as a player not a coach.

More great players huh, well if we more great players then we could hire Campo as head coach again.
  17. birdwells1

3,232 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    That's funny right there.
  18. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,787 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    :confused:

Have a Happy New Year.

:eek::
  19. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,261 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  20. birdwells1

3,232 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    What I'm saying is that anyone could coach a team full of great players.