1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett Press Conference 12/31

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by StevenOtero, Dec 31, 2012.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,101 Messages
    1,433 Likes Received
    I was just wondering why you love to be so miserable watching something you don't like.

You are the one that stated that you don't like ANYTHING about this team.
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Big difference between athletic ability and intelligence. Coaching is all intelligence. Maybe you should coach too?
  3. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Because I have seen this team with good coaches with good schemes. I can smell the **** when I see it.
  4. 5Stars

26,101 Messages
    1,433 Likes Received
    :eek:

OK...usually when I see ****, I walk away from it. I never stop to smell it.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,685 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    To respond to rcaldw: I am bitter, and it's not even about me. It's about the very talented players on this team whose careers are going down the drain under this guy. This isn't the first time he's not-so-subtly blamed Tony for INTs, just as one example, and too many people accept it as fact.

Is Tony perfect? No. But I, like many on here, watched our years of absolute futility under total scrubs and has-beens like Quincy and Hutch and Vinny, and I know how lucky we are to have Romo. But I can already see that his final years are going to be utterly wasted, and yes, it makes me angry for him. I know he makes a lot of money, but I still feel bad for the guy that he's apparently not going to get a chance to play for a better coach who could use him so much more effectively.

And the same is true to different degrees for players like Witten and Ware.

If these were the Campo years where we didn't have any talent anyway, it wouldn't bother me so much. But because we have a good group of talented players who really seem to care, it does. What in the world makes Jason Garrett more important than our players?
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,685 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    This makes zero sense. So players can be questioned, but coaches can't?

Again, zero sense.

And BTW, coaching is not all intelligence. What a foolish statement.
  7. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

right on
  8. a_minimalist

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Ummm....show me where I said that.

And what else is coaching besides intelligence?
  9. 5Stars

26,101 Messages
    1,433 Likes Received
    So a dumb person like me can coach the Cowboys? :confused:

Could you coach them better?
  10. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received

So, basically, you would have fired Tom Laundry after 1980..
  11. 17yearsandcounting

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  12. Randy White

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received

Originally Posted by Chuck 54:

" Everything in the NFL has an element of talent and a dose of good fortune and timing. "

Although I agree with your position, the words that Chuck 54 posted should be engraved in every fan's mental lobe.

There are so many examples to back them up that's it would take days to name them, including the so called " geniuses " that some fans in here are wishing for.
  13. 5Stars

26,101 Messages
    1,433 Likes Received
    (stupid cowboy fans)
  14. a_minimalist

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I can't argue with that. Luck and timing play a factor in a lot of successes, especially outside of the NFL. It's not just within the league. I do think you could replace talent with intelligence in that statement though. But, yes luck and timing play a role as well.
  15. Randy White

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Danny White, Tony Dorsett, Drew Pearson, Tony Hill, Doug Cosby, Billy Joe Dupree, Pat Donavan, Herbert Scott, Tom Rafferty, " Too Tall " Jones, Randy White ( my hero), Harvey Martin, Everson Walls, Charlie Waters, Dennis Thurman, Jim Jeffcoat, Hershel Walker..

None won anything after 1977, most went to a SB and lost, and subsequently, started declining after 1980..

Coach Landry should have been fired because he wasted all that talent.
  16. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    Look, I'm one of Garrett's biggest supporters, and I'm convinced he is going to be a great coach, but this one is a little unfair.

NFC Championship Game 1980
    NFC Championship Game 1981
    NFC Championship Game 1982
    Playoffs 1983
    NFC East Title and Playoffs 1985
  17. Randy White

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received

Well, let me put it this way:

Are the Patriots any less talented than when they won 3 SBs in 4 years ? Is " Billycheat " dumber now than he was then ? Or is it the fact that in both SBs he's lost it came down to, pretty much, one mind blowing pass and catch in each one ?
  18. Randy White

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received

It is unfair. Coach Landry had been the headcoach of the Cowboys ( at that point ) for 21 great years.. Garrett has been in charge for barely 2 1/2. Saying that Garrett is " wasting talent " because the team has failed to win the ultimate prize so far is ridiculous.
  19. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,934 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    Oh, I'm with you completely on the impatience shown toward Garrett. My only point is that 3 NFC Championship games in 5 years is hardly wasting talent.
  20. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,891 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    I personally don't give a **** what Garrett has to say. He's part of the problem here with JJ and Romo.They are all cancers to me. Garrett's offense has been here 6 years and it's still sloppy and inconsistent. How long should we wait for him to figure out just how to run a proper offense? Let alone be a head coach.

A knuckle head coach, coaching a knuckle head QB, from a knuckle head GM.