1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett Senior Bowl Interview Tweets - 1/22/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 22, 2013.

1. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

3,002 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    I thought that was especially true in the last game of the season.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Driver of the Cowboys Bandwagon Zone Supporter

119,159 Messages
    3,271 Likes Received
    I agree with this as well.
  3. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I do believe this forum is far worse than it ever was during the Quincy Carter days. The idiot poster ratio has risen dramatically. I can see why so many very good posters have decided to not even bother posting here anymore.
  4. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

4,041 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    I think Jason focusing simply on the overall team and having coordinator's handle their own respective jobs, does provide him a chance to redeem himself as head coach next season.

If he does not succeed next year given these changes, I can see Jerry getting trigger happy.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

20,030 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    The Cowboys upgraded the DL nicely.

Josh Brent and Crawford have been very positive additions.
    They didn't plan for Ratliff to get hurt and thus lose the pro bowl NT.

Hatcher, Ratliff, Brent, Ware is a pretty friggin nasty front 4. Add Crawford as a back up at all but the 1 technique and Lissemore as a 1 and 3.

Too bad we likely never get to see it.

Now the OL is a legit beef. BUT the biggest issue there is the one guy they had who was rock solid 2 years ago was Doug Free. They added the 9th overall pick to that. So they didn't exactly ignore the unit.

Knowing what we know now about moving to a 4-3 we'd all make different moves but at the time the football logic wasn't out of place.
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

20,030 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    Also my one complaint about actual play-calling.

We can all be mad we didnt score every time .../ but this was really the one "area" of concern for me.
  7. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,582 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    oh come on, you know he is right.... JG just said a short time ago that he is the playcaller, now all of a sudden....

he is just stating a fact that Jerry is calling this one but telling JG go out there and save a little face for yourself
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

20,030 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    BTW, our defense under Campo and Zimmer was woeful at creating turnovers.

We played too far off and was too "soft".

Our turnover to giveaway ratio was in the 20's every year.

Kiffin's defenses have been great at creating turnovers so hopefully he infuses that here but it isnt a given just moving to a 4-3.
  9. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,477 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Near impossible to ignore unfortunately, but I tend to not converse with them directly all too often. How many are using that same ol tired avatar? I don't know. 5 of em, 12? I see the avatar, know it's just one of the herd and try to just move on. You are right about it infecting the board and every single thread, but the only way around it is to take what they say with a grain of salt, knowing that there are just parrots of each other.
  10. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

4,041 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    The OL is definitely a must but the defensive line also needs new additions.

Brent is gone, Ratliff has had significant injuries and is getting old, Hatcher is getting up there now and Spencer may be gone.

I like Crawford and Rod should help him develop but we definitely a DT, DE and probably another LB, S.

Our offensive and defensive lines need work to be sure.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

42,024 Messages
    1,832 Likes Received
    No there are not ways to coach around any shortcoming

You can reduce the damage or maximize what you have but poor players are poor players and that is that.

Nothing makes up all the way for not having good players.
  12. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,376 Messages
    987 Likes Received
    That's what I meant by coaching around it. Attempting to minimize the issue. Using your strengths to try to mask your weakness.
  13. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,582 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I agree here, JG is a respectable guy, no matter what you think of his abilities in any capacity. He needs to be just that walk around HC, it will better suit him.
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,928 Messages
    3,372 Likes Received
    There's so much lose in the above post... Sigh.

Cowboys 34 sacks 16 turnovers

Giants 33 sacks 35 turnovers

Redskins 32 sacks 30 turnovers

Atlanta 29 sacks 31 turnovers

Jacksonville 20 sacks 23 turnovers

A perfect reason to fire the homeless man.
  15. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,727 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Pretty good view, I'd say.
  16. EGTuna

EGTuna Active Member

383 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Sacks <> Interceptions. Pressures can cause interceptions. Did you xref pressures with turnovers? I am not sure.
  17. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,080 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    I think even the anti-Garrett people, like me and MANY others, are going to be very happy with the way it works out with Jason Garrett since the extra duties are gone. This will have a positive effect on clock management, discipline (less penalties) and overall team motivation. Hey, I could be wrong...but thats how I feel.
  18. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,804 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    What's funny is that Jerry has always wanted the HC to also be a coordinator, but now he's the one trying to strip JG of the playcalling duties.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

20,030 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    I agree for sure but can't blame the Cowboys IMHO for Brent being in jail or Ratliff getting hurt or Spencer becoming very rich in the near future.

The Cowboys had great DL talent in 2012. It just never seemed to hit the field together.
  20. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

4,041 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    We had some talent, though we still failed to get consistent pressure even with this cast.