1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jason Garrett's big flaw

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GimmeTheBall!, Nov 22, 2013.

1. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,081 Messages
    2,083 Likes Received
    Post of the millenium...
  2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,081 Messages
    2,083 Likes Received
    Oh wow, he relied on Ernie Zampese when Norv Turner was OC in 1993, the first year Garrett was here, meaning this too was Garrett's first experience under Zampese, and that too, as a guy who was riding the pine the year before under Norv...
  3. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    So you're telling me that the players actually have to execute what the coach is preaching? Interesting thought.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,676 Messages
    2,204 Likes Received
    lol
    not sure if you actually read what you post

if my sig werent already great, i would make this my sig

taking pride in the lack of creativity on offense, priceless!!

i had to read it again just to make sure i hadnt read it incorrectly

you cant make this stuff up
  5. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    Yes the offense is simple and not creative. That is the truth. It requires superior execution. I do read what I post. Watch the 90s Cowboys offense and post how creative you think it is.
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,676 Messages
    2,204 Likes Received

that may have worked in the 90s when we had a clearly superior team with no cap ( i know the cap at the tail end of this)
    in this day and age of parity, you better be creative on offense or you will get your butt whupped (like we are)

my point was, you are making a great case for a new offense (ie get rid of garrett)
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,164 Messages
    2,697 Likes Received
    You heard Wade is not doing good in Houston?................Only the league's number one ranked defense................I think you heard wrong, might want to catch up on current events.

And if Wade "wasnt all that"..............2 division titles and a playoff victory...................where does Opie and his 500 tour rank?
  8. Beast_from_East

15,164 Messages
    2,697 Likes Received
    How you doing Hostile.

You hit the nail on the head about Garrett's biggest problem..................He plays not to lose instead of playing to win......................I hate that mentality.

You still feeling confident in our sig bet?
  9. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,205 Messages
    794 Likes Received

Not doing well as in the win-loss column as a caretaker coach. but I did not know how his defense ranked.
    But enlighten me: How does one win 2 DIVISION TITLES AND A PLAYOFF VICTORY?
    Before the head injury I could figure that one out but please tell me how one do that.

As to Opie, before he is through he will half twice what Wade has achieved and without a father in the NFL to part the waters.
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    That's hilarious. The only reason Garrett has this job is because of his deddy.
    khiladi likes this.
  11. GimmeTheBall!

13,205 Messages
    794 Likes Received

At this point, Forum members are supposed to say:
    Well played, Gimmie, you drew Hostile out. heh

And, yes, Garrett is like that giant guy Gilligan who was held down by the Liverpudlians.

Garrett is conservative by nature. I recall another great Dallas Coach who played conservatively and won for many years. Jimma, too, was conservative at times and had the perfect bus driver in Aikman.
    Hey, hostile.:)
  12. GimmeTheBall!

13,205 Messages
    794 Likes Received

Not necessarily. But you saying halfing a Daddy as an NFL coach didn't help him? Like Wade's son halfing a daddy coaching the Cowboys didn't help junior?
    Ha! I repeat: Ha!
    (dang that hurt. my sinus hurt when I say Ha! ouch!)
  13. GimmeTheBall!

13,205 Messages
    794 Likes Received
    Bottom line in Houston: The HC is done fer. I do not see a scenario that would make Wade the HC. The Texans are a bad team, good defense or not. Wade has been blessed by a daddy who was a HC in the NFL, has usually been on good teams (San Diego) and then Houston when the going was good.

what a wacky world: forumites assailing Garrett and praising Wade.
    Someone beam me up to anywhere.
  14. Beast_from_East

15,164 Messages
    2,697 Likes Received
    Since you can predict the future as to all these wins Opie is going to get, how about helping a brother out with some lotto numbers.
  15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    I cannot tell what flaw anyone has. He's the guy in charge and I cannot really say it's this or that.

But, during the Giant's game, I saw a little bit of a difference in the offense with more play action. And, I saw some receiver routes that I have not been seeing. Plus, the Cowboys played hard to learn how hard it really is.

But, to me that was not a flaw. But, Garrett is the HC.

And, I saw a little swagger that I have not seen in a long time.
  16. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

487 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I see what you are saying and I certainly don't want to beat a dead horse.

I've seen Garrett botch end of games that a high school coach couldn't mess up, all the while with that emotionless somewhat empty glare baffoonish look. Lately, he'll start smiling after such blunders and also start clapping.

I don't know if he knows something noone else does with that Ivy League mentality or if he is just really that dumb. Either way, I haven't been impressed.
    khiladi and Beast_from_East like this.
  17. Beast_from_East

15,164 Messages
    2,697 Likes Received
    Yea, I have never seen a head coach botch as many games as Opie has since 2010.......................iceing your own kicker is my favorite.
    khiladi and CrownCowboy like this.
  18. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,906 Messages
    2,723 Likes Received
    How you doing brother? I hope well. I'm here every day. Just don't post a lot any more.
  19. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,906 Messages
    2,723 Likes Received
    Things are okay. Yes, I am confident in the bet. I wouldn't have made it unless I was.
  20. rpntex

rpntex Active Member

269 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    What are you trying to say here? You do realize that Norv's offense and Zampese's offense were one in the same, right? Turner was Zampese's QB coach with the Rams from 1987-1991. So when Garrett had a year under Norv, he practically had a year under Zampese as well. It's highly conceivable that Garrett knew the ins and outs of the offense before Zampese was even hired.