1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jason Garrett's Monday presser was interesting

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Dec 5, 2011.

1. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,039 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=10B0A046-B287-B695-67F30026BF98A810

Interesting presser. I think this is the first time I can recall Garrett looking a little uncomfortable with the questioning. As boring as he may be, he usually controls these things pretty well.

One thing bothering me about this, about 5 and a half minutes in.

Reporter: "Did you instruct Tony to clock it?"

Garrett: <long pause> "Um.....I don't have a great answer for you on that"

[IMG]

They really start grilling him around 7 minutes on the apparent fact that he didn't know whether he wanted to clock it or use a timeout after Dez's catch.
  2. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,192 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Why does that bother you?

It's not that big of a deal.... He explained it in better detail later. I think he is just frustrated with all the same questions over and over.

Reporter: Umm did you stop the clock at :04 seconds because you wanted it to be the last play?

Duh rocket scientist....
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,461 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    oh clock management was terrible vs arizona as it has been most of the season. Garrett is wearing too many hats (HC and offensive coordinator as a rookie head coach). I like the direction but garrett offense looks terrible especially the times when we have a longer than usual rest period. (after byes and after having extra time after the thanksgiving game). Its like we slack and take it easy.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,373 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Just admitting he screwed the pooch would really do a lot more for him than beating around the bush and trying to rationalize.
  5. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T Well-Known Member

1,124 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I'm not so sure about that. I think admitting you're wrong to the Dallas media gives them an opening. I fully believe that Garrett knows he screwed up, but won't let the media attack him for it.
  6. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Garrett knew how he wanted to play it and played it that way.

He wanted to get to the 35 to kick it and we got it to the 31 so he was happy with that spot.

Personally, I think they should be shooting for the 23 yard line if there is time to get there. Apparently this is not Garrett's philosophy. I think he needs to sit down and re-think this one because there was time to get 5 more yards.

However, when it comes down to it, I don't even know if 5 yards mattered here. Bailey did not hit that ball right. It only went about 45 yards and was not online. I think multiple things went wrong on that FGA.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,881 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    They already know he's wrong and will report it as such. Avoiding that just gives them more fodder.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,471 Messages
    5,222 Likes Received
    No way. You don't give those idiots chum. That would start a feeding frenzy.

They have no restraint, and they don't care about being accurate. They thrive on controversy, not on some notion of whether or not the coach has manned up. You give them nothing, and move on.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,765 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    We need an OC - period.
  10. Hoofbite

32,373 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Who cares?

Grow a sack. Last I checked, Garrett doesn't work for the Dallas media and opening denying responsibility makes all that accountability BS a hard sell to the team.

They're gonna write what they want not matter what.

There was a journalist who basically said that about Roy Williams. You don't answer our questions, we're free to write what we want.
  11. MDCowboy

MDCowboy New Member

94 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I completely agree.
  12. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,192 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    McCarthy calls his own plays.
  13. Hoofbite

32,373 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Sweet. Works for McCarthy and the Packers.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,693 Messages
    2,016 Likes Received
    True but Bailey hit the ball through the uprights dead center on the kick right before the TO there is no doubt he had the leg and accuracy to make that kick. 2nd try McBriar stated he did not have the laces pointing out so that very well would make an impact on the kick
  15. Doomsday101

75,693 Messages
    2,016 Likes Received
    Your right he does not work for the media nor does he work for the fans or you. He may say something to his players but he is not obligated to beg for your forgivness to the media.

I find it funny that if some one does not come out and rip on a player in front of the media then somehow they are not being held accountable. What takes place in the locker room is where these matters are handled not outside of it
  16. Hoofbite

32,373 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Oh, please.

"Keeping it indoors" is wishful thinking right now.

We can't take what Jason says at face value but we'll gladly just hope and pray that he's manning up in private with the players.

Nobody is suggesting he beg for forgiveness, just practice a little bit of those hot word terms he likes to use? What part of the "the process" refuses to accept responsibility?

And to a certain extent, I think he does owe the fans more than he owes the media.

The whole situation is just stupid. He's got egg on his face and rather than washing it off, he'd like us to believe it's not actually there or that he put it there to soothe and moisturize his freckly ginger skin.
  17. Doomsday101

75,693 Messages
    2,016 Likes Received
    You are not his player I doubt he cares if you trust him or not. He knows if he can get this team winning people will praise the cowboys and if they lose they will crucify him and the Cowboys that is the pure and simple fact.

This non sense that any coach is accountable to fans is a joke he is accountable to his team not you or me. He is accountable to Jerry Jones.

Come on you really think he gives a damn if you trust him or not? :laugh2:

Once again fans are easy you win they love you, you lose and they hate you what else is there to understand.
  18. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who is Jason blaming? His quote in the DMN is, "'I have to live with the decisions that I made for our football team". How is that not accepting responsibility?
  19. Doomsday101

75,693 Messages
    2,016 Likes Received
    I guess he was not crying when he said it. :laugh2:

It comes down to 1 basic thing winning and losing. If the Cowboys are winning the fans are for the most part happy if we are losing they will be unmerciful. Garrett job is to get this team winning football games if he can do that everything else is gravy
  20. Hoofbite

32,373 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    Who said anything about trust?

I think he owes it to the people who fill that stadium to not BS in a situation such as this. The whole earth knows he botched it, enough with the BS.