1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jay Glazer says Jerry is "stripping power" from Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    if he was he was...if he wasnt he wasnt...im not a Jerry historian, but according to his Wiki page he was...(and yes I know Wiki is not 100% reliable)
  2. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    yawn....
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,839 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    There are posters here that would defend Jerry running over puppies on purpose. Consider the source and dont waste your breath. If your eyes tell you grass is green it probably is.
  4. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    maybe the Jerry lynch mob can break out of their tunnel vision and learn to read,,,,,,ABCs....easy as 123.....

Im not defending Jerry....simply pointing out his resume, and asking for those who say he isnt a football man to tell me their qualifications of a football man and to show me the better resume....

never said he shouldnt be fired.....

never said any other team would hire him......

never said the last 17 years were peachy .....

and never said he was a good GM........

all of your talking points are made very clear here on a daily , thread to thread basis.....they have nothing to do with the subject at hand....
  5. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,416 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Thanks.

That's just it. Will we see some "uncomfortable" decisions made with the roster? Now the thing is this...I'm sure there will be uncomfortable decisions made but will they be made in the right spots. I don't trust JJ's player personnel decision making. As mentioned in another thread I read today, often you find the more successful franchises have a GM or player personnel director who fought up through the scout ranks and the like. Jerry doesn't have those experiences to lean on. And whoever gets JJ to believe that Olinemen and Dlinemen are the new "shiny new toys" of this league that person will be deemed a miracle worker.

I understand JJ's passion to win but is that passion so great that it is blinding him from handing the keys over to a more experience driver who can drive the player personnel car? Stubborn oil man syndrome?
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,338 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,641 Messages
    3,564 Likes Received
    do you ever take a stance on anything? according to you jason garrett comes back even if he goes 6-10 next season, anyone who criticizes romo is an idiot, jerry is a football man. do you have any constructive criticism to contribute about this once storied franchise being .500 the last 15 years?
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,046 Messages
    3,965 Likes Received
    Getting mad at Jerry, and misunderstanding what Jason Garrett has done, and then complaining about Tony Romo hardly constitutes constructive criticism, by the way. It's just tired, generalized complaining about the people in charge.
  9. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    and exactly who do you think you are?.....something special here?....
    you havent even been here a year yet you have almost 4000 posts of nothing more than you showing us how much you detest "your team"...

instead of worrying about my constructive criticism maybe you ought to worry about whether you ever have anything constructive to add to threads other than to remind us how much Jerry/Jason/Romo sucks....

remember...there is always the ignore feature if you can no longer tolerate someone with something positive to say about the Cowboys.....
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,641 Messages
    3,564 Likes Received
    LOL you think "hey guys jerry has a great resume and is a football guy but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be fired or that he's done a good job or anything at all" is contributing to the discussion? you can't even finish your own point when others challenge you. how about you get off the sidelines and take a stance on something for once.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,641 Messages
    3,564 Likes Received
    fair enough but how do you absolve all three of blame all the time? eventually someone has to be held accountable.
  12. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,972 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    This is a pointless argument because people are going to define "football guy" a million different ways. Just because Jerry played football and had enough money to buy a team doesn't mean he's a "football guy", at least not under the definition I believe most people have of that term.
  13. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,972 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    This is a pointless argument because people are going to define "football guy" a million different ways. Just because Jerry played football and had enough money to buy a team doesn't mean he's a "football guy", at least not under the definition I believe most people have of that term.
  14. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,679 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    It's not on his Cowboy bio, not in the bio written about him by Jim Dent, and if he was, he would scream from the hilltops that he was an all-SWC lineman. You put that in to pump up his resume, and it's not even accurate.

He also did not have final say on personnel when Johnson was in Dallas - Johnson had it written into his contract that he had full say over all on-field issues (personnel and coaching staff). No coach has had that since in Dallas.
  15. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    are you just looking for someone to attack?.....I already answered your accusations
  16. Plankton

1,679 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    It's not an attack - its pointing out an Inaccuracy that you put in to bolster a resume of an individual who is the fulcrum of a middling franchise the last 16 seasons.

Try not to be so sensitive when someone corrects an error.
  17. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    not being sensitive..... i already said where i got the info and wasnt sure how correct it was.....didnt add anything, just passed the info I read on Wiki....

are you done?
  18. Plankton

1,679 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    With you? Yes.
  19. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,008 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received
    I don't know how much power-stripping is actually going on, but it sure seems important for the superficial perception to be that it's enormous.
  20. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....WITHOUT YOUR 'INSIDE' KNOWLEDGE....we'd NEVER be able to ascertain what Jerrah is up to. I mean are you kidding me with this stuff? :rolleyes: