1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jay Leno's joke about Sam Hurd on Tonight Show

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Dec 16, 2011.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,047 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Sam Hurd wanted to buy 10 kilograms of cocaine and a half of ton of marijuana.

"Typical guy waiting until the last minute to do his christmas shopping. If convicted if can face up to 40 years in prison or traded to the Colts.

LOL
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll say it once again this is no laughing matter. Anybody who thinks it is should be ashamed of themselves. [IMG]
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:facepalm:
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let me guess you're one of the people who find this funny.
  5. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    omg are you hurds bro or something, get off it man, stupid guy doing stupid **** is always going to be something that gets made fun of, SNL, leno, conan, all of those guys will make fun of foreign dictators the weekend it happens, an nfl drug dealer has no shot
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No I'm not Hurd's brother or even a fan of his, however I just don't see what's so funny about a young man essentially throwing his career away.
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, I find people who try to tell other people what's funny...funny.
  8. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    That's not funny but when you think about that it was his choice to throw it away and how stupid he had to be to do it, already making millions of $$$, that's funny.
  9. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,141 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    You mean life not career.........
  10. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That kind of stupidity will always be fodder for comedians... and yeah, the bit about going to prison or being traded to the Colts WAS funny...

But hey, I'm sorry if we upset you, Mama Hurd...

And just so you know, I plan on laughing at every comedian who takes a shot at Kobe for his wife filing for divorce... if the guy can't honor his wedding vows, he deserves ridicule...
  11. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As does most of the world... time for you to grow up...

What Sam has done deserves ridicule... though I liked him as a player when he was with the Boys, he put himself in this situation, and doesn't deserve either consideration or respect...
  12. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again, what he did deserves ridicule... what's so hard for you to grasp??

Comedians have been making light of such situations since the dawn of time; do you always react negatively to that??

Or are you just a big fan of acting holier than thou??
  13. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,130 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    I do. And?
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    sad. I find it sad. Not funny. Unless you like seeing people destroy their lives; if you really find that funny then you are not much of a human being.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This. :bow:
  16. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,078 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    -people are not laughing that he is throwing his life away. People are laughing about how he tossed his life away. If you are making millions of dollars and you want to deal dope for some extra cash your an idiot.

If tomorrow the new story broke out that Bill Gates was a Colombian drug lord, you are telling me that would not humor you at all?
  17. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

846 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    You didn't chuckle just a little when Plax shot himself in the leg? Although it didn't destroy his life, it was a major setback at the time.
  18. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,051 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
  19. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,576 Messages
    188 Likes Received

.....some guys just crave the element of danger, running down the field at full speed to bust up a spec teams wedge wasnt enough I guess.

Its a symptom of a longer term problem
  20. benson

benson Active Member

512 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    You have no right to tell anybody what they can think is funny or not.

To seem people, the thought of a professional football player being stupid enough to deal drugs to a cop and throw away his life/career is comical.

If you really want to preach about when to hold laughter, it should be to situations/conditions which the person does not control.

A moron dealing drugs to a cop is a choice, Hurd had a choice. The situation is hilarious.