1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Jay Ratliff expected to workout next week; but not activated

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 11, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,184 Messages
    5,737 Likes Received
  2. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,976 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    We need a miracle!
    dariet22 likes this.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,184 Messages
    5,737 Likes Received
    According to sources, the Cowboys do not anticipate activating Ratliff next week and the team needs to see first-hand what kind of condition he is in. Ratliff suffered a hamstring injury in the team’s conditioning test in Oxnard, Calif., in July and also spent training camp increasing his rehab from sports hernia surgery last December.

Coach Jason Garrett said it is “hard to determine,” whether Ratliff is days or weeks away from returning to the field. “Hopefully he’s making more and more progress to get closer to practicing,” Garrett said. “He hasn’t practiced football in a little while. The first step is to get back on the practice field and see how he does from there.”

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ources-dont-expect-jay-ratliff-back-next-week
  4. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

998 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I would be shocked if this guys sees the field this year. My guess is he is done playing for this team.

Hoping for a miracle though. His presence is much needed on this line. If we could get him healthy alongside ware and hatcher, we may finally have a good pass rush.

I think if this guy was able to play his career in the 4-3, he would be considered as one of the best dlineman in the game. This guy was a beast when healthy, even as a nose tackle in the 3-4.

There is definitely more to this whole situation than just his health. Otherwise, we would all know much more about the situation.
    khiladi likes this.
  5. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,065 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received
    It's pretty sad when the gm and head coach have no control over one of their players. Neither have a clue what is going on with Ratliff and his condition. That says it all. He's done.
  6. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Guy should be arrested for grand larceny. Talk about a player who got paid, then got fat and happy.
  7. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,765 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    I wouldn't doubt he never plays another down for the dallas cowboys....business decision
  8. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Rat's workout consists of cashing Jerry's checks.
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,419 Messages
    1,643 Likes Received
    That locker room fight with Jerry is sure costing Jerry a lot of money.
  10. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,655 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    how come there is no set time table for his return? I've been hearing it could be "days or weeks" for half a year now...

there has gotta be something else going on here that the front office is covering up.
    JakeCamp12 likes this.
  11. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Jerry should have never given RAT that extension.
  12. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,312 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    My bet is nobody actually knows where he is even at. So it reality it is guess work.

He could come in play lights out. Or we could never see him again. If I were him, I would want to play lights out, and then see if I could get one more contract before it's over (not from us mind you).
  13. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

852 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    I'm not sure how I feel about Ratliff but I do feel we need another d-lineman that can rush the passer.
  14. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,241 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
    Can we cut him or have some type of injury settlement take place? I don't see him playing for us anymore. The fact that our own FO personnel have no clue on where he stands tells me there is no communication between the FO and Ratliff.
  15. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,737 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Hey Jay, Don't call us, we'll call you. I think the Cowboys would like to just end this fiasco and put him on IR.

What happens if the team wants to put a player on IR and the player refuses or fights it? We might be in that situation real soon. I think Ratliff wants to play just not for the Cowboys.
  16. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,780 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    You would think he would want to come in and play well so he can sign elsewhere in the offseason.
  17. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,517 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    We need him so I hope he comes back and plays lights out
    DL pressure is missing from this defense
  18. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,655 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    ratliff is such a sour, whining, unhappy *%^&$
  19. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,545 Messages
    617 Likes Received
    post of the day.. I couldn't care less if Ratliff comes back or not, go be a constant drain for some other team
    Cebrin likes this.
  20. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

785 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Psssh. This is just a ploy to give the fans a gleam of hope about this abysmal defense. The government uses the same tactics to make us avoid their failures too. "Hey look! It's a mouse!" (Tries to move the Elephant out of the room)
    links18 and khiladi like this.