1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jeff Sullivan tweet about Kiffin

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With the Salary cap issues it would be cheaper to keep Rat at least one more year. I think he stays with free as the june first cut and it is the same reason we are not going to cut sensi to dam expensive
  2. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,065 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    I don't think he is quick enough to play it at the NFL level, which is why he was projected as a 3-4 DE.
  3. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,625 Messages
    883 Likes Received
    As a fellow Trojan fan I agree completely. RGIII, when he is healthy, will eat us alive.
  4. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,125 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    Kiffin struggled with the spread period. A mobile QB was just the icing on the cake. A TON of teams around the league run some variation of the spread now.

The NFL is a copycat league and teams are going to look at the no-huddle stuff New England borrowed from Oregon and the pistol stuff Washington put in and copy that.
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,145 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    Possibly. He shows pretty good quickness from the 3-4 DE spot, so we'll see. I think he and Crawford are the only two DL who really have the type of skills to translate to 4-3 RDE, but we'd probably need to move them inside on passing downs and put a pure pass-rusher at end.

Did Kyle Wilber play DE in college or was he a 3-4 OLB?
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,145 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    I don't think there are that many teams in the league who can run Washington's offense because they don't have mobile QBs. No-huddle and spread components have been around for years, but going full spread generally has not been successful in the NFL (see Steve Spurrier). Green Bay probably comes the closest to running it and having success with it.

Seems to me you're putting the cart before the horse.
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,714 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    So we spent $50 million on one corner and a top 10 draft pick on another corner to play Tampa 2?

I was under the impression that we needed man to man corners to play aggressive bump and run on the outside. Now if we are going to play a Tampa 2 shell defense, we really screwed the pooch putting this much resources into corners.
  8. DOUBLE WING

3,125 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    Half the league either runs a variation of the spread or has a mobile QB (and that number will increase with the success of RG3/Wilson/Kaepernick).

The NFL is worlds different than it was when Kiffin left it.
  9. wileedog

10,065 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    He's over 300 lbs. He's not an edge rusher and never will be one.

If we're lucky he will be a serviceable or slightly above average DT IMO. But you're nuts if you think you are moving him outside in a 4-3.
  10. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why not?

Church is probaly Lynch, Sims is Brooks and Ratliff is Sapp in this scheme.

Piece of Cake.
  11. DOUBLE WING

3,125 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  12. wileedog

10,065 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    Heh, thanks for beating me to that....