1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry Has To Do Something

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,714 Messages
    2,370 Likes Received
    Noway Jerry can go into next season with virtually the same coaching staff and same main players and expect the fans to buy that this is a playoff team.

We have back to back 8-8 seasons and Jerry has to do something to get the fans upbeat for next season because nobody is very positive on the outlook right now.

Even Jerry in his post game interview said we were not very close to contending, so why should any fan be positive about next season?
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,634 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Really this is my biggest issue, cause as we know Jerry is about marketing and making money. How can he possibly market this team right now, the product is heartbreaking to be honest and you have to win for people to support you. He did alot last offseason in free agency and look what happened.

I do agree Jerry has to do something, but I scared of what he might actually do.
  3. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,541 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    Don't worry, he's going to cut the scrubs in brought in to solve everything this year, and bring in a whole new bunch of scrubs.:D
  4. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,149 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    He wont do a thing, same thing was said last year and look what hapend.
  5. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,162 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    I know what I would like him to do...
  6. Beast_from_East

14,714 Messages
    2,370 Likes Received

Yea, I am a little worried myself what Jerry might think is the problem. If it was me, I would have told Garrett to stay in Washington and learn what a blitz looks like and how to counter it.

How the guy can be the OC since 2007 and have no adjustment at all to the blitz is just beyond logic. It was not even disguised blitzes either, the Skins didnt even try to hide it. They either blitzed the FS and 1 LB or they blitzed both LB in the A gaps.

This is not really mad scientist play calling here, these are pretty standard blitzes around the league and any OC that is half way decent could have adjusted by halftime at the latest.

If Garrett comes back, we are going nowhere.
  7. Beast_from_East

14,714 Messages
    2,370 Likes Received
    You are probably right, we will bring in some no name OL in free agency and proclaim the team to be SB ready.

:laugh2:
  8. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,149 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    They have no money, its going to be way worse then last year.
  9. brickman

brickman Well-Known Member

1,370 Messages
    31 Likes Received

Remember, he is an Ivy League genius!!! ;)
  10. Beast_from_East

14,714 Messages
    2,370 Likes Received
    Well at least I should save some money on Sunday Ticket, not going to pay $300 to watch Garrett stare at his Madden play chart and wonder why we cant score.
  11. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Here's a novel idea for Jerry: How about building a competent OL so the entire game doesn't hinge on the QB having to bail out the offense week after week?

Honestly said, with a healthy defense and adding 1 quality DL, the defense should be a top 10-12 defense.

The problem is the OL. And we've all know that. Except for JJ it seems. He's still o.k. with the OL.
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    The OL was not the problem last night, and hasn't been for several weeks
  13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,945 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    Here is what he needs to do if he is serious

1) Cut the 90s ties. Fire Garrett and the staff. He kept Campo too long in any capacity. He has Garrett here for 6 years in different capacities despite no experience. He has had Wade Wilson around. Just cut the ties, get fresh blood and change the culture. I don't care about competing for Garrett, etc, etc..it all ends up 8-8.

2) Change his position. Yeah I know, he won't fire himself as GM but that doesn't mean he can't try and bring in a consultant to work with him. anything, something would be better than nothing.

All my other options aren't preferred but one would have to be about getting younger and seeing what happens. We need someone to evaluate who is our core...Sean Lee, etc...and then everyone else is expendable. The fear I have is that we just have a mediocre bunch that expects mediocrity so that has to change too...players who might just be taking up space. I'd like to see them build around the run and go from there. O-line, etc.
  14. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    The only thing Jerry can do to help this team is give up his position and hire a real GM that knows how to build a team from the players to the coaches. He has no clue.

I know....:horse:
  15. Beast_from_East

14,714 Messages
    2,370 Likes Received

Good suggestions, I agree with both.
  16. Beast_from_East

14,714 Messages
    2,370 Likes Received
    Maybe if he hires somebody like Holmgren, he can get input and still keep the title of GM if he has to. Holmgren probably doesnt care about titles at this point in his career, so he could just let Jerry keep the GM title and tell him what players to draft/sign.
  17. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The pass blocking has improved, and the penalties have decreased, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking this is a quality OL.

Last night the main problems were the inability to pick up blitzes (coaches, line calls?) when we knew they were coming, mis-communication once again between the QB and WR, sub-par QB play, and a banged up defense.

I'm talking about the season in general and what we need to do to improve going forward. Simply changing QBs or drafting another RB isn't going to get better results, imo. Guys like Romo, Witten, Dez, Murray are good enough to win with on most days. But our OL is not going to hold up consistently against quality defensive fronts.
  18. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Pioli is going to be standing in the unemployment line, too, it seems. :)
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,128 Messages
    4,328 Likes Received
    That simply isn't true.
  20. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    They have little to no money for free agency ... they will have to rely on drafting to fill holes. With JJ picking ... GL with that.