1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry is about to make a big mistake

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Jan 3, 2013.

1. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,129 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Ya no need to change anything, we have been such a dominant team the past three years, give everyone extensions.
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received

No, he shouldnt.
  3. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received

Jerry doesnt consider this year 3 of Garrett, he considers this to be year 6 of Garrett.

The fact that he said in his radio interview that Garrett has had full autonomy over the offense for 6 seasons kinda proves this. Garrett is being evaluated for what he had done with the offense for the past 6 seasons, not past 2 seasons.

See, Garrett doesnt get a pass for the years he was the OC before he became the head coach, Jerry clearly is saying this has been Garrett's offense for 6 seasons and Garrett is responsible for the offense over those 6 seasons.

The fact that in 2012 we scored the fewest offensive points since Garrett became the OC, kinda doesnt make the case that we are moving in the right direction, at least offensively.
  4. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,299 Messages
    900 Likes Received
    So every team with injuries coach should get a pass?
    Or just Garrett?
  5. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received
    The Garrett apologist are starting to get desperate at this point, if this is the best they can come up with to defend the guy.............wow.

6 years of players not executing????

HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  6. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Bravo man. He has been running the whole thing on that side of the ball for six years now - this is his grand design. I understand it takes time - Shanahan needed three years to get his scheme going in Washington, and to get the players to run it. I also understand we've recently changed our scheme with bringing in Callahan and there are some growing pains there. But jeez after six years how much longer do we have to wait to see this process and Garrett's grand vision take hold? How many more scheme changes and offensive overhauls are we going to have to endure while we watch an offense take the field and appear completely unprepared week in and week out.

You nailed it man. This is the grand result of the six year process. An offense that held the lead 23% of the time, and was only consistent in that once they abandoned their gameplan and let Romo do whatever he wants they had success.

And people are afraid Jerry is going to make the "mistake" of moving away from this mess? please...
  7. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,058 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received

Jerry made a mistake hiring Garrett who wasn't ready to be an NFL head coach and still isn't ready. Open your eyes! The team has been 8-8 the past 2 seasons. They've competed for the division with only 8 wins heading into the season final both seasons and were been beaten each time looking awful in the process. Some wanted to give Garrett a pass after his first full season because of the lockout and not having a full offseason. Now because of the injuries you want to give him another pass? How do you know you won't have injuries next season? You have to learn to win with injuries every team had injuries the Packers were beat up and were robbed of a win and still went 11-5.

When the Cowboys were healthy early in the season they still looked mediocre. With Lee and Carter on the field vs Seattle Lynch put up 122 yards on the defense in week 2. A mistake is keeping Garrett and ending up going 8-8 again. I've seen no progress in 2 years under him. The team was behind in every game and couldn't dominate a single opponent all season. It was the same thing every week slow starts and having scratch and claw to come back.

Jerry needs to wake up and bring in an experienced head coach who's had some success in the NFL so the Cowboys can have a chance to get out of this mediocre rut they're in. These up and down seasons hovering around 500 all year have become very tiring. Every season ends the same exact way with the team having their butts handed to them.
  8. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received

Give This man A CEE-GAR
  9. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,157 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Huh? It wasn't the play he called. It was the NUMBER of plays. He called 1 play in 26 sec. with 1 TO because he panicked and had no clue what to do in those situations. What's your excuse for that?

I give up. Give Garrett my regards at the next family outing... :)
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,904 Messages
    2,082 Likes Received

:hammer:
  11. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was in over his head as a QB coach, couldn't fill the shoes of a real OC and as a head coach he has followed suit and failed miserably.
  12. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is just one big mistake.
  13. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,115 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    3 Years yes, but since he's getting worse and not better the 3 yr deal is out....
  14. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,064 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    The "players not executing" was also the excuse proffered by Wade apologists...."coaching doesn't matter that much".

Interestingly, that same crowd seemed to supported coach Garrett as an agent of change (apparently coaching all of a sudden mattered again). Now, it's the players' fault again.

Cycle of excuse.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,287 Messages
    1,234 Likes Received
    The last thing Garrett needs is a pass. Are you kidding me?

The fact that he's not getting fired doesn't mean he gets a pass. Absolutely an OC should be brought in.

The great Bill Bellichick doesn't even call offensive plays, you guys act like it's some kind of crime that a HC wouldn't call the offense.
  16. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Wrong thread title. With your examples it should be........"What right thing will Jerry finally do?"

Dumping the woeful and unqualified Garrett would be Jerry best move since firing Wade. The next on the list would be to limit the affect Garrett could possibly have on the team by relagating to Jerry puppet.
  17. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Bill is a defensive coach. He does have some input on the defense. However your point is valid and he does not run the defense either.
  18. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,974 Messages
    1,717 Likes Received
    The only mistake he'll make is not addressing our line. If there is a change in staff, he will bring in an OC. Garrett publicly conceding his role as play caller if needed is an indication that JJ will bring in a play caller which means bye bye Callahan.

I don't recommend we blow up everything and Ryan deserves another year as a DC with healthy personnel as much as Romo deserves a blocker or two.
  19. boyzjunkie

boyzjunkie Active Member

247 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Just a reminder for the folk who forget that a lot of Tony's fourth quarter success is not necessarily the result of Jason's play calling.

You all are going to laugh at me. But I would like to see just one game played where Tony was the only one responsible for our offense. Scheme, play calling, in game adjustments etc.

When the defense was on the field he would be permitted to confer with the offensive people up in the booth.

But he would be the offensive boss. (Brains)

I honestly believe that is, more or less, what goes on with Brady and Manning.
    It just is probably not publicized to spare the egos of their offensive coordinators.

Just my thought.
  20. ApolytonGP

ApolytonGP Member

74 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    should have stuck with Wade. He just seemed more genuine than the stuffed shirt you have. I know he was fat and candid and sat down for interviews. But I think he was real, not plastic. Should have stuck with that.