1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry is gonna make a splash!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by maxdallasfan, Mar 31, 2014.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,967 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    Couldn't this be posted in the DeSean thread?

FYI, new threads such as "calling it now" or anything predicting what Jerry is going to do generally come across as the OP saying "look at me".

I'm not saying that is your intention or not, but that's generally what I think when I see these types of threads.

It comes across so much better when people post something like "Does anybody think that Jerry might try to make a splash by signing DeSean?".
  2. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,143 Messages
    803 Likes Received
    this is really anti-Cowboy troll post
    COWBOYSNUM1 and casmith07 like this.
  3. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,566 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    That's hard to argue, I just don't think his price tag would justify the investment. It is nice to think about what a guy with his dynamics would bring to the offense, so I can't blame you for the daydream.
    Risen Star likes this.
  4. SoBlue128

SoBlue128 Member

37 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The splash we make is moving up to get Donald by giving up something we can't afford then turn around and draft a damn TE
    waving monkey likes this.
  5. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,297 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    I will take note to your thoughts.

This is a message board. People post their thoughts here. I'm not a look at me person. I despise facebook, twitter, linkedin, 13.1 bumper stickers, family stick figure window stickers, and all the other "self promotion" websites and things.

The purpose of a message board is to have conversation, thoughts, and ideas shared among everyone who has one thing in common.
    COWBOYSNUM1 likes this.
  6. xwalker

12,967 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    Sorry, I might have been in a bad mood at the time.

There are a couple of posters that constantly create this this of new post and it's wear's me out. I realize that you are not one of the guys that does this on a regular basis.

Again, sorry to take it out one you.
    COWBOYSNUM1 likes this.
  7. maxdallasfan

1,297 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    I wasn't offended. It's all good. I thought for a moment about not creating it for what you talked about, then figured what the heck, I rarely create threads. I feel your pain.

We just all need a "splash" to get our offseason woes lifted. :D

BTW, is it me, or is it difficult to type on the board this morning?......it's like my keyboard isn't working or something. (iss it me or is it diffiiicult to type on the bord is mornig?....itls like my keybord isn't wrkng or somethng) - see what I mean?
  8. xwalker

12,967 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    As far as Jerry making a splash, I'm convinced that his family (Stephen) has replaced his blood pressure meds with Valium to keep him out of free agency. The moves that they are making have Stephen Jones written all over them.
  9. maxdallasfan

1,297 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Yeah, I can see that being the case. Jerry would have kept Ware and re-signed Hatcher to all our dismay.
  10. Typhus

Typhus aka...golden

986 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Why would a speedy wr even help this team? How many times did we witness Dez having to slow down or completely stop his route to wait on an under thrown ball last season.
    Romo has been given plenty of weapons, I think its time this team addressed the real problem.
  11. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,868 Messages
    1,819 Likes Received
  12. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,835 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    Not, not in Dallas
  13. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    If he didn't go all in with Jared he surely won't with a headcase diva WR with baggage
  14. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    I think getting him would be better than having to play him twice a year. The kid can flat out fly and is really turning into a decent receiver.

I would assign Irvin as an asst WR coach just to keep him and Dez focused on being great. He is a great motivator, has played the game at the highest level and would get instant respect. Plus, he would push them to be great.

Just my two cents.
  15. Dallyjake

Dallyjake Member

301 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    It will be a great big FIRE and I will record and post in my farewell msg.
  16. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    That's his ONLY positive attribute....he takes plays (and games) off when he wants to..not a team player at all, locker room disruption, just a thug in general....you can make thugs millionaires but you can't take the thug out of them
  17. Dallyjake

Dallyjake Member

301 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    wrong...Dude rubs me the wrong way. I cant support a team that would sign this guy. He is a Cancer and is not needed at Valley Ranch.
    dcowboysfan76 and cowboy_ron like this.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    Speaking of splashes...
    if Clowney was still there at 5 or 6, would anyone here be willing to part with the 16th pick and next year's 1st to get him?
    It'd be tempting to me.

We'd still have all of our remaining picks in a strong draft this year and get the highest rated player as well.

Due to team needs, there is a small chance that any of the following could go in the top 5: 2-3 QBs, 1-2 LT, a WR.
  19. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,200 Messages
    1,240 Likes Received
    I agree. I think it's down to the Redskins and the Raiders.

YR
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,865 Messages
    4,922 Likes Received
    I suspect that also but would REALLY like to know how much truth there is in that statement.