1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Jones: I don’t want to ‘dismiss’ Felix Jones as our kick returner.

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,170 Messages
    594 Likes Received
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,123 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    :yousuck:

Please, just be quiet Mr. [strike]Davis[/strike] Jones.
  3. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    :angryno:

I wish he would just keep his mouth shut and let Garrett do his job.
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    It would be nice if either one of these guys could get us some decent returns, the offense could use the help.
  5. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why the hell is there even a Jerry Jones Show? Seriously. Go ahead and put me on the "Jerry-hater" wagon. I'm tired of this FOOL.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every Cowboy fan is, but unfornately we're stuck with him.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,323 Messages
    354 Likes Received
  8. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    How can Jerry Jones not realize he makes Jason Garrett look like a complete tool when he says stuff like this?

Does any other GM, fake or otherwise, in the nation decide who plays on any given week?

I guess Jerry's finally gotten too old to care about pretenses. This team is fundamentally broken and it doesn't matter that everybody knows it.

It's terrible that the future of this proud franchise and the hopes of this extremely broad and loyal fanbase are left to the whims of a charlatan real-estate salesman.

We get to watch our team play every week, but it would be nice to know they at least had a chance at the postseason. That they were building towards something.

Broken offensive line, deteriorating defensive line, journeyman safeties, immature WR's, and ineffective leadership and management structure == a walking wreck.

Unless severe changes are made soon this team is poised to be very bad for a very long time.
  9. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I sure hope Felix signs with the Rams and gets to play for Jeff Fisher. Fisher wanted to draft Jones in 2008, and C.O. Brocato (legendary Titans scout) talked about Jones' tough inside running before Felix ever played a down in Dallas. Furthermore, Brocato stated that he thought Jones could carry the load. The Rams are on the rise, but the Cowboys are going no where fast. I think the Rams could very well be Jones' ticket out of Alcatraz. The Rams have a proven, legit, tough, blue-collar head coach and a legit young GM.

1. Rams
    2. Falcons
    3. Lions
    4. Packers

12 more games....Can't wait!
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So if Felix leaves will you too?
  11. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    We seem to be on a perpetual reactionary treadmill, nothing more than a series of piecemeal moves without any coherent underlying long-term strategy. The most strategic Jerry's been in the the last decade and 1/2 was the hiring of Bill to secure the construction of his monument.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,864 Messages
    1,655 Likes Received
    Are you planning on changing loyalties to whatever team he signs with?
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,819 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    Outstanding post.

No vision. No plan.

Blame Tom Ciskowski.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,819 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    And that is why all my good feelings about Garrett and his potential when he was hired has pretty much fizzled out.

Jerry's too comfortable. That can only mean Garrett is a push over.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,509 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    These are the kinds of statements that make a person absolutely disgusted with Jerry Jones.
  16. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I was hoping #41guy would go with the Bengals. Instead he just changed his name. Darn
  17. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,170 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    If Felix is out there for our first KO return, it will confirm the "walk around coach" is Jerry.
  18. Misanthrope

Misanthrope New Member

108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When the GM also owns the team, he doesn't have to be a "walk around coach", which is one of the many problems with such an arrangement.

Whatever Felix had is no longer there, but Jerry will be the last to admit it (assuming he even notices it). :rolleyes:
  19. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

........Al Jr. has spoken:bang2: :mad:
  20. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........and you shouldn't either: Felix will be out there just like Al Jr. said