1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry Jones: "I have a lot of faith in Jason Garrett" after loss to Falcons

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by felix360, Nov 5, 2012.

1. felix360

felix360 Active Member

1,142 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones: I have a lot of faith in Jason Garrett

By Tim MacMahon | Nov 5, 2012 12:19 AM

ATLANTA -- Jerry Jones distanced as much as possible from the Sean Payton-to-Dallas speculation and reiterated that he firmly believes Jason Garrett is the right man to coach the Cowboys.

It’s more difficult to make that case after each loss. And Garrett’s Cowboys have lost nine of their last 13 games.

However, Jones’ faith in Garrett seemed unflappable after Sunday night’s loss to the undefeated Falcons dropped the Cowboys to 3-5, increasing the odds that they’d miss the playoffs for the third consecutive season.

“Oh, I have a lot of faith in Jason,” Jones said. “I think Jason’s future is ahead of him. I know how hard he works. I like his philosophy, so I’ve got a lot of faith, a lot of confidence.

“One of the brightest spots I see is our head coaching and our coaching in the future.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...-jones-i-have-a-lot-of-faith-in-jason-garrett
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,507 Messages
    6,257 Likes Received
    Words of wisdom. The man's a sage.
  3. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    So he has faith in a hc that is 3-5 coming off a 8-8 season but fires a hc for a 1-7 start coming off a 11-5 nfc east titile and a playoff win? Lol this is gonna get ugly
  4. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,815 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    Jerry really needs to hire a shrink. Make sure that the shrink is an avid Cowboys fan. At least then Jerry will get a dose a reality.
  5. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    I'm so over this team...I just view it as entertainment and comedy now and it works pretty well, especially when you always see these quotes/headlines from Jerry after we lose
  6. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Worst owner/GM in sports. Doesn't care.
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,809 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    When the owner has to come out and remind people he still likes his head coach, things are not good.
  8. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wonder if he thinks fans seek his opinion. Like we watch a game, see how inept Jason is, but then take solace in this idiot saying he still has faith in him. Give me a break.
  9. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    What's he supposed to say? 1-7 isn't 3-5. Stop being emotional. When we are eliminated from playoff contention I expect a different answer.
  10. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll be expecting that answer in two to three weeks.
  11. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,834 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    What will that answer be then?
  12. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Agreed, what's he supposed to say ? He' gone after the season...
  13. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,821 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    Jerry really is clueless.
  14. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Not matter what anyone says, there will not be any changes in Dallas this year or next.

Expect the same outcome next year too. Mediocrity.
  15. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,696 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Faith........is something you place on a higher power, hope is something you place on a human

What Jerry has is Hope.....and if you just sit and hope for things to happen, that means your doing nothing yourself about your own problems.

Now if Garrett or Jerry has "desire".....it probably means he is going to, at some point, do something about his own problems.
  16. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,305 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Hope he's just using his "Jerry Speak" which is always just a bunch of hot air. Hopefully he is saying the one thing but sending out feelers for a possible new, REAL, head coach after the season.
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Don't hold your breath on that one.
  18. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,465 Messages
    2,079 Likes Received
    they have "hope" and "desire"

what they dont have is "ability"
  19. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,997 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    5 more years of 8-8 or worse yay go jg and jj.
  20. WarC

WarC Active Member

1,521 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One thing about Jerry is he will give the company line about a coach right up until that coach is gone. So I wouldn't read too much into him singing Garrett's praise. He'll do that up to and including the day Jason is replaced.