1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry on with Newy - This man is in major denial, lol.

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Nov 5, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is losing his mind these days

Do you have the stomach to listen to Jerry Jones ramble on for twenty minutes with Newy Scruggs?

Jerry Jones on with Newy Scruggs - Nov 5th

At about the 5:20 minute mark (which I know no one made it too, lol) Jerry starts talking about Leonard Davis having his best football game this year.

No, seriously. He really said it. Now we saw the goalline plays.

On this play Davis falls head over feet and just jumps into an area. He's supposed to stay upright and lead the RB through into the End Zone. But as usual he's off balance and misses his block...

[youtube]M3vcb0LEdQM[/youtube]

Now are you ready for some real comedy? On this play he literally must have closed his eyes and winds up blocking Jason Witten. The man knocks his own teammate off of the Jaguar that he was blocking...

[youtube]arGzN8Gfbbw[/youtube]

So that's the best we can expect from Leonard Davis? And we wonder why this team is 1-6 right now.

Jerry goes on though. He praises David Buehler in that audio when Newy questions him about how bad the 2009 draft sucks. That's the kicker who is 9 of 12 on his FG attempts this season and can no longer consistently kick the ball into the End Zone on kickoffs because he admits that he's lost some strength in his leg.

Guess what? That just some stuff from the first 10 minutes, lol.

When Jerry is asked as to why the fans should keep watching and following this team he talks about using logic that there will be change coming.

But I say this. Jerry, you are still the one who is in charge of the changes being made. You have not done anything significant with this team in fifteen years my friend. So until you start selling the idea that you are going to bring in some people who have proven that they know what they aare doing to help you get this turned around some fans are not going to buy your product.

Then Jerry goes on to say that he would love to be able to build a team in a league that is structured like Major League Baseball. So you want to just buy up all the high priced talent and hope that works?

The Dallas Cowboys have spent the most money over the last few years on salaries. So what in the hell is he talking about? He acts like he is handcuffed and not allowed to go get big time players.

Right now Jerry Jones is in complete denial. He doesn't want to admit any mistakes and it's just silly. I guess that what happens when you are a billionaire who is surrounded with yes men all **** day. day.
  2. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry's ALWAYS selling! ALWAYS!
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,857 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I'm in agreement with pretty much everything, but honestly, Buehler has been a bright spot past his shaky start. His kickoffs have even started getting back to form and he's nailing FGs right down the middle.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,465 Messages
    2,156 Likes Received
    I still don't think Buehler's problem is leg strength.

I think the coaches are asking for directional kicks rather than letting him boom it.
  5. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I literally laughed at Leonard Davis blocking Jason Witten. That is a bang for your buck. LOL

Leonard Davis can't get a push in the run game (or win the line of scrimmage), can't hold a block, can't operate in space on a consistent basis, can't pull and hit a moving target consistently, whiffs in pass protection and run blocking, and he costs $ 6 million dollars next year and $ 5 million this year.

It took his brilliant coaching staff almost a full half to stop the carnage by benching Davis against the Titans. Colombo should have been benched, too. I guess when you have Alex Barron as the next option, you are stuck.... Where is Sam Young? I'm far from sold on him, but Marc Colombo is probably the worst RT in the NFL right now, with Davis right on his heels at RG.

One of the first moves the new regime will make is to cut Leonard Davis, Marc Colombo, Marion Barber, and Roy Williams. Andre Gurode isn't safe, imo. A new regime worth anything is going to know that you can't sustain a winning organization by paying Roy Wiliams and Miles Austin big money when Dez Bryant is more talented than both of them. A third WR can't make Roy Williams money unless you want to continue to get embarrassed up front every week, on both sides of the football.

I hope Jerry is happy with his $ 20.7 million dollars that he has tied up in Barber and Williams. I hope he's happy with the lost draft picks...

Maybe after the Packers beat Dallas by at least 3 TDs and the Lions dominate them and beat them by at least 2 TDs, Jerry Jones will wake up.

I do think Jerry Jones is in some level of denial when it comes to the construction of this team and how it has been coached.

If Jerry Jones is smart, he will go out and hire Mike Holmgren to right the ship. Holmgren as GM and Gruden as head coach...

One can dream...
  6. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So deflecting away from the disasters that are Jason Williams and Robert Brewster to tell us about a kicker who has looked ok for the the last two games, but looked major shaky in the first five games is ok with you?

:bang2:
  7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,857 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I was just pointing out that I'm pleasantly surprised at how well Buehler is doing lately and that it is actually a bright spot in an otherwise really bad year.

Yeah, we're grasping at straws to find bright spots here, but it's one of them.
  8. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gruden might wind up with Holmgren but it will be in Cleveland.
  9. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I get ya.

He should have brought up John Phillips who is going to wind up being the best thing from that draft.
  10. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Dude, there is a gap about 5 yards wide. If Tony and Barber don't botch that handoff, and we have a shifty back with some vision in there, that's a score.

But it's Marion "washed up" Barber getting the carry....
  11. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Yes, lets cut one of our most productive WR. Lets cut half of our OL. Lets cut everybody!

:rolleyes:
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,988 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Tony? Wow. I wasn't aware they allowed Tony into the game with his broken clavical on that play. ;p
  13. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,565 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    :eek:
  14. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Got me there. Would be Kitna, eh?
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,788 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    And he'll outlive us all to boot :bang2:
  16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    2,142 Likes Received
    I cant do it, I just cannot listen to Jerry ramble on for 20 min.

Those of you that can, I tip my hat to you.:D
  17. LUVDABOYS

LUVDABOYS Member

233 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    It's hard to tell, but it looked like Davis pulled and crowded into Kitna. He may even have bumped into him giving Kitna no room to manuever to the right spot for the handoff.
  18. George

George a legend in your own mind

576 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Jerry needs a nickname. How about "Cowboy Killer." I think he means well but he's like the guy with Parkinsons disease at a nitroglycerin plant. ;)
  19. ETex

ETex Member

721 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I saw that play as more of Witten getting blown in the backfield right into the path of a pulling Leonard Davis. -Not that I'm trying to take up for the guy but it looked as if that play was more on Witten than him.
  20. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I do too.

Although as someone else mentioned, you can see a difference the last 203 games. I think he's finally getting healthy.

He's kicking the ball well now. He very well could be our kicker of the future, and be a good one.