1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry quotes from this morning on radio intvw discusses OL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nirvana, Aug 27, 2013.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    2,238 Likes Received
    This is where I take issue. You speculate the worrying will not stop.

But were you around these parts when this team was winning? Some of the same people who find fault with Jerry were the biggest rah rah guys on the board. So your theory is as pessimistic as you blame others for.

But here is something that seems to have gone unnoticed in Jerry's State of the Union comments.

Was this GM Jerry making an assessment via his skilled football eye?

Or owner Jerry who has seats that need to be filled with butts so he can continue paying the rent on his condo in Arlington with the biggest TV in the world?

If it is the former, then I am skeptical since I'm never really sure Jerry understands football completely.

If it is the later, then this is the same as his Papa John's commercial where he was break dancing or rapping. Strictly for show to get to the dough.

He really should have to wear a hat when he is acting in one capacity or another.

When he is the GM he should wear a snap-brim fedora.

When he is huckster Jerry he needs to don a porkpie hat.
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,814 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    AGAIN.
  3. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    It's true. The man will talk football with anyone because he loves running this thing.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,913 Likes Received
    And what happened to that Eagles team?

Jerry's problem is he doesn't know how to separate being a fan and being a GM.

Real GMs don't make comments like that for a measly preseason performance. Especially for someone who a complete bum last year. Make him earn the praise. That's what Jason does and what I like about him. Never too high, never too low. It's sad he has to work with a psychopath in Jerry who is the exact opposite.
    TwoDeep3 likes this.
  5. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,465 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    *smh*

I'm glad Jerry is optimistic. I just wish he would shut up.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,197 Messages
    5,428 Likes Received
    I have come to grips he won't and his son is not any better in terms of talent evaluation.

But he IS capable of changing his methods. He is capable of not being a rube who overtalks the talent and even convinces himself of his own drivel.
  7. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,295 Messages
    1,280 Likes Received
  8. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,295 Messages
    1,280 Likes Received
    I'm ok with the enthusiasm from the Jones'. I am intrigued with the team myself, and see the potential. The team is stacked! You've got Dez and Miles both clicking, Witten and Hanna ready to make a bunch of plays, you've got Demarco and Dunbar ready to rock, and the line looks pretty good. On defense the DL has a healthy Ware with Spence and Hatcher ready to make big contributions. Bass and Hayden look solid. We have three of the best corners in the league with Carr, Mo and Scandrick. Our linebacking corps features two of the best in Carter and Lee. Our safeties look good, too. Our kicker is clutch. Our punter hits the scoreboard his leg is so strong.

This team CAN go places if it stays healthy.
    Mansta54 and 5Stars like this.
  9. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    i wish fans would drop the topic.

looks like we both better get used to disappointment.
    Eric_Boyer likes this.
  10. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,040 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Yeah, everyone should know by now that Jerry always has the pom poms on when talking about the Cowboys. It has its advantages and disadvantages, but its kinda charming. At least Jerry isn't a penny pinching yahoo who only cares about when he gets his next welfare check from the NFL.

You just have to parse his comments a bit. 'The Best Evah!' means it went well....'Out for two weeks' means we hope he'll be back then....etc. Jerry is good friends with Mr. Hyperbole.
  11. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,037 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    For someone who claims to be a big Cowboy fan, you take every opportunity possible to talk negatively towards your favorite team. We all have a right to critisize the team for certain things, for me it's the offensive line, but you slam them every chance you get. Are you really a Cowboy's fan or just miserable?
    Vintage, 5Stars and CowboyStar88 like this.
  12. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,942 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    NFL welfare check? It's Jerry that's handing out the welfare checks to other teams.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received

lol what does that even mean.
  14. onlyonenow

onlyonenow Benched

102 Messages
    11 Likes Received

Just have to be able to understand Jerry Speak.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,547 Messages
    5,476 Likes Received
    Imagine us two years down the road.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,547 Messages
    5,476 Likes Received
    Been that way for over 30 years now. At least he's consistent.
  17. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,197 Messages
    5,428 Likes Received
    I am more than a little tired of individuals like you on message boards like this one questioning my fanhood.

I have been a fan of this team likely longer than you have been alive. I have experienced the good and the bad. When it was great, I cheered, when it was a poor product, I boo.

In other words, piss off.
    Zordon likes this.
  18. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Stephen sounds more and more like his father every year.
    Zordon likes this.
  19. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Well, its a process.
  20. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,021 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received

Thats it. I am making Super Bowl plans now. You really think "Scandrick is one of the best corners in the league" ?