1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jerry: "We’re the most popular TV show there is on television"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HoustonFrog, Apr 9, 2014.

1. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,149 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Oh I agree with you, Jerry was backed into the corner. My point was that he didn't continue to be a stubborn idiot with Emmitt, .. like he is now.

We are in the same situation with a GM today, and he won't make the correct decision.
  2. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

425 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Again, All the Jerry apologists have is 'if's". I'd love to see us back in a superbowl. But Jerry's way doesn't work.
    cajuncocoa and tantrix1969 like this.
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,912 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    If the IF were to ever come true while Jerrah is still kicking it will be IN SPITE of him in everyone's mind. Of that there is no doubt. The thing he desires most is something he will never ever be able to have because he's been a dismal failure for so long doing it HIS WAY. He will get no credit from anybody of even the slightest bit of significance, other than hisself.
    tantrix1969 and daveferr33 like this.
  4. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Yes I agree, guess my post didn't emphasize how much of a joke I believe Jerral Wayne to be <shrug>
    BigStar, MikeT22 and WPBCowboysFan like this.
  5. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    The thing is, he won so early he though it would be that easy, he hasn't figured out that he needs a top notch HC with great football knowledge and the abilty to influence Jerry because he will never hire another GM.
    He needs another Jimmy or Parcells and stop wasting time with the Campo's, Phillip's or Garrett's of the world.
    silver, BigStar, daveferr33 and 4 others like this.
  6. CowboysBrandon

CowboysBrandon Member

41 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Going off of recent history, I don't think we ever have to worry about that happening.
    BoysFan4ever and cajuncocoa like this.
  7. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,488 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    You're going to be waiting a very long time to have that laugh.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  8. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    642 Likes Received
  9. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,715 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    That's the issue. As long as we are popular and a big draw, he's content. Yes, he wants to win but his ego needs to fed more than anything. This comment along with the comment he made after we lost to Philly to end the season paint a clear picture. Someone asked if we disappointed in how the season ended, he answers with something to the effect of how could I be disappointed with having that stadium.

Dysfunctional is always entertaining. And we are definitely that.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    I am not forgetting about the injuries, I just don't use them as excuses as Garrett...................News flash, every team in the league has injuries and the head coach doesn't get a pass.

Go talk to Mike Munchak, who lost his starting QB half way through the season and had to play with Ryan freaking Fitzpatrick. The Titans missed the playoffs (big surprise when you got a scrub at QB).................and guess who got fired? Didn't see Munchy getting a pass for injuries. Also don't remember Rob Ryan getting a pass for injuries either when he had guys that were working at Home Depot during the week, starting on defense for us on the weekend. 95% of this board had no problem with him being shown the door, but when the sacred cow cant get the job done, all of a sudden it is "horrific injuries that nobody could have overcame". Spare me the double standard.

Even with the injuries, Garrett still blows at least 2 games a year with horrific game management (which virtually everybody, including Jerry, has acknowledged)
  11. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Your the one giving a double standard, you admit Mike Munchak was handicapped by injuries but if someone mentions injuries affecting Jason Garrett you call them "excuses". You either think they affect the outcome of the season or they don't. Make up your mind. Mike Munchak was let go because he wouldn't make changes to his staff Garrett is working out the final year of his contract without an extension, I don't see how playing out a contract is "getting a pass". Firing a coach after 2-3 years no matter what the roster looks like would just be dumb.
    jobberone likes this.
  12. dcowboysfan76

dcowboysfan76 Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    He's smarter than the remarks he makes, which is why he makes them.
  13. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,633 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    Movies succeed all the time because of the cast, in spite of the director. Musical artists have albums go triple platinum regardless of who produces it. I know of businesses that make a ton of money because of the salesman not the manager. This team might win a SB eventually, and it won't be because of anything Mr. Jones did or didn't do. The current state of the NFL allows even teams like Seattle and Baltimore to win SB's. That's what makes it worse that it's been so long since we have...
  14. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    that is this team.
    that is our owner.

all the inbetween just kinda pisses me off to be honest.
  15. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,119 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    I think he has become aware of this most recently (this hint of defiance is prevalent on his part) He doesn't say it, but he is basically telling fans he is content with this structure bc it results in "competition." The winning part will come later, if it needs to at all. He has transferred his ego back to money (who could really blame him?) His way didn't work, so money is the new (always) end game kind've thing. He is not a bad GM bc we are "competitive." That is the new shtick unfortunately. He does care, he just can't let it on it, or else, he would look like a colossal failure.
  16. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,100 Messages
    4,574 Likes Received
    I think Jerry the business man is always going to be interested in staying ahead of the curve which produces money and keeps the team in the limelight.
    I think Jerry the GM is interested in improving the team and I do see some changes in him which I attribute to Stephen, the new guy, Garrett and the scouts.
    I think Jerry the fan wants to win too much and it interferes with his judgment as a GM; at least in the past. Letting Ware walk is evidence of some change.
  17. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,353 Messages
    549 Likes Received
    In his GM style? You're hoping and wishing and wishing and hoping.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    If you look at all the moves the Cowboys have made this off season, an argument could be made there has been a radical change. It's got nothing to do with wishing or hoping.
  19. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,100 Messages
    4,574 Likes Received
    No I'm not. I just gave an important example. They've unloaded a lot of older and higher priced vets lately. Some of that is because we are cap strapped but its still good business.
  20. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received

jerry himself made a statement that the cap forced the cowboys to make certain decisions that he felt were in the long-term interest of the franchize

after reading that, before saying, "yeah, but..." read that again

...the cap forced the cowboys .....

so please stop with the excuses
    daveferr33 and tantrix1969 like this.