1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jerry's SIL designs "Jerry Wipes"

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BlueStar3398, Sep 11, 2012.

1. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ones-says-designed-jerry-wipes-eyeglass-cloth

Shy Anderson, the son-in-law of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, told the Dallas Morning News he's designed an eyeglass cloth with the words "Jerry wipes" written on it.

The concept comes after Anderson was seen in a suite at MetLife Stadium wiping Jones' glasses during the season opener between the Cowboys and New York Giants last Wednesday.
    Jones said on his weekly radio show that Anderson has taken good-natured ribbing for wiping the glasses.
    Anderson, who is married to Jones' daughter Charlotte, has run the Dallas Desperados, an Arena Football League team, as well as other business interests.
    "They can also be used for spontaneous shoe shining, if necessary," Anderson told the Dallas Morning News. "It started out as a joke, but let's see how far we can take it."
  2. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,491 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    This is a reason to love Jerry. He is an owner that keeps football fun and in its proper perspective. Yeah we want to win SB's but he is the consummate showman.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,424 Messages
    8,315 Likes Received
    Fun football for me is winning football.
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,462 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Guess that takes last weeks game right outta the picture.
  5. Risen Star

21,424 Messages
    8,315 Likes Received
    You're right. That season opening win makes up for the worst era of Cowboys football ever.

Thanks for all the fun, Jerry!
  6. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,076 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I love Jerry and we will be missing a lot when the time comes. He's no different than most of us here on this board, just a lot smarter.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,462 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Spin it however you want, now is the most important and now represents 1st place....as a true fan after an opening win vs the Superbowl Champs, now isn't the perfect time to complain.

:anvil:
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Just an observation here but do you ever have anything positive to say about the Cowboys?
  9. myslamsareolder

myslamsareolder Member

195 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Seriously. Why are you even a fan? Also, Jerry has brought 3 of the 5 rings we have. Hate all you want and don't even say "jimmy blah blah blah" guess who hired Jimmy? Jerry is the best owner in sports. Maybe not a great GM but I think he is a lot better than people give him credit for. There are plenty of franchises that have droughts and no superbowls. The cowboys get too much flak because they're a winning franchise that hasn't won; I'm thankful we even have that qualifier.
  10. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,638 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Fans like that are perplexing. We are off to a great start but he still want to complain.....just nutty.
  11. Risen Star

21,424 Messages
    8,315 Likes Received
    It's not complaining. It's addressing a statement made by a fan. That this is the reason to love Jerry. He's fun.

My response, which was 100% correct, was that bad football isn't fun. This era of Cowboys football with Jerry in charge hasn't been fun. It's been the exact opposite of fun if you truly like to see the Cowboys win.

Basically I was responding to complete fan nonsense with a dose of truth.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,472 Messages
    6,177 Likes Received
    Except for the Superbowls, unless those are from some other era of Cowboys football with Jerry in charge now.

Maybe you could pretend the wipes are butt wipes and that would make them fun for you? Everybody needs a little fun with their entertainment now and then.
  13. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    A photograph of Jerry's home(?) office is in the latest issue of Forbes.
  14. Risen Star

21,424 Messages
    8,315 Likes Received
    I was speaking to the adult fan who knows there was a distinct and radical power shift with the Cowboys in March of 1994. Those 3 Super Bowls weren't a result of a fun GM Jerry. The destruction of it and the longest drought of quality football in the team's history were.

But other than that, he's a real life of the party.
  15. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Mentioning "proper perspective" in terms of having another person wipe your glasses just struck me as funny.

The article was talking about his Son-In-Law who did take the whole thing in stride though.

The shoe shining quote is a pretty good line.
  16. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,199 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    I've had fun. I didn't become a diehard until Campo's three 5-11 seasons because I wasn't old enough to truly understand the game until then, when I started playing myself in middle school. I've learned to appreciate and enjoy the journey, not just the wins. Being there and hanging in there and still hoping through all the lows and losses make the wins all that much sweeter. Do losses bother me? Oh yes. I hate to lose and it ruins my week and I rarely want to talk about a loss for a few days, but it doesn't mean I want to go out lynching players and coaches and executives over it. To me, we're all in this together.

You call yourself a realist, yet you always expect a win and a Super Bowl and anything less is unacceptable, prompting your negativeness. Logically speaking, that is extremely unrealistic. Odds are that we will not win the Super Bowl. There is a 1 is 32 chance of that. I accept that, especially in today's NFL of parity, and because I accept that, I am a realist. Accepting that allows me to enjoy and cheer and hope all through the journey. Of course I hope that we win it, and appreciating all the lows, I think, will make a Super Bowl win all that more satisfying, but I don't expect it and not accept anything less. There is a reason the movie Friday Night Lights ends with a loss, other than it being a true story, it makes it a better story. It makes it a better journey.

You expect it because you're spoiled. What's ironic is that you're spoiled by Jerry because he gave you three Super Bowls. It's like a child being showered with gifts and then when his parents cut him off, he hates them. Because you're spoiled, you expect nothing less than a Super Bowl, and you fail to enjoy the little things like this past win. A lot of this are ecstatic we beat the Giants, not because we equal it to a Super Bowl, but because it is a great step in that direction. You might be happy we won, but your posts show that you can't enjoy it because it's not everything. When and if we do win a Super Bowl, I believe you'll find it unfulfilling because you didn't enjoy the rest. It's like only riding the last leg of a roller coaster. It's fun, but you missed out on the big drop at the beginning and the awesome twists and turns to get to the end.

I feel sorry for fans like you. You can't enjoy the process. You're the kind that complains about every play until we score a TD, then you cheer until the other team gets a first down on the next possession, then you're back to the negativity. You are far from a realist. You're an Unrealist, because you have unrealistic expectations.
  17. Risen Star

21,424 Messages
    8,315 Likes Received
    Yes. Not accepting 16 years of futility is expecting a Super Bowl every year and not enjoying "the process".
  18. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    [IMG]

:)
  19. CowboyMike

5,199 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Hahaha. Forgive me, but I don't quite get what you're saying with that. Lol. Although it looks quite hilarious. I watch Jon Stewart all too much and Colbert all too less.
  20. CowboyMike

5,199 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    So you agree with me. You admit that I'm right about you.