1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jingle Bell Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Oh_Canada, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,749 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Day off and bored, so here's a holiday mock for you to shred at your leisure:

I like the idea of a trade down in this draft, so I've included one with the Colts who might be desperate for a tackle to protect a very important asset:

1-24.Barrett Jones-C/G: I would love Ansah here, but I think he goes top fifteen after he blows up the combine. Jones is just is too versatile and too good to pass up in his absence. I see him taking Bernadeau's spot who than will compete with Costa for the starting center job.

2-47.Chase Thomas-OLB: High compete level and strong enough at the POA. Seems like a JG guy if he sticks around of course.

3.-78.Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia-Let's face it, Doug Free sucks. This guy has great feet and a stout pass protector.

4.-84.Tony Jefferson, S-This kid would give Ryan some flexibilty as he has outstanding cover skills and a great blitzer. With the depth at safety in this class I can see him dropping.

5.William Gholston, DE-A player who is coming on as the season ends. Terrific potential, Cowboys need a player with his athleticism on it's dline. Worth a fourth rd pick.

6.Dennis Johnson, RB-Love the toughness and pass catching ability of this little dynamo.

7.Brad Sorenson, QB-Big guy with a good arm and decent athlete from a small school. I think it's worth a shot.
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Not crazy about rounds 2, 3 and 5. Love Jones, Jefferson, and Johnson. I don't see Thomas as an upgrade to Spencer in anyway to warrant a 2nd round pick. And Gholston is just a flat out underachiever. Never did anything in college
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,003 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Rather see em take a flyer on the inujured Carradine or Jenkins in 3 or 4. I also think they draft a tackle before interior.
  4. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

886 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    :eek:
  5. Oh_Canada

5,749 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    I understand the Gholston hate, but he is coming on as a player second half of the season.
  6. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Thomas is overrated IMO. Seems to run around a lot but only makes plays when the play runs into him. We don't have a 7th pick because of Cook coming from Miami. Agree with Gholston evaluation.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,825 Messages
    3,552 Likes Received
    Didn't you get an extra pick from the trade down?

1-24.Barrett Jones-C/G: I would love Ansah here, but I think he goes top fifteen after he blows up the combine.
    I like Jones, but I think there will be some better players at #24. At best he is probably the 5th or 6th OL drafted. In the 2012 draft, the 5th and 6th OL were at #37 and #41.

What position do you project Ansah to play if drafted by the Cowboys?

2-47.Chase Thomas-OLB: High compete level and strong enough at the POA. Seems like a JG guy if he sticks around of course.
    Thomas seems like a guy that you wait and see if he is available in the 3rd. I would prefer one of the injured OLB prospects like Tank Carradine or Brandon Jenkins. Also, #47 seems like a sweetspot in this draft for Safety and OLine.

3.-78.Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia-Let's face it, Doug Free sucks. This guy has great feet and a stout pass protector.
    This would be a good pick at this spot. Physically, Aboushi appears to have the requirements to play the position. He just needs some good coaching.

4.-84.Tony Jefferson, S-This kid would give Ryan some flexibilty as he has outstanding cover skills and a great blitzer. With the depth at safety in this class I can see him dropping.
    I see Jefferson as a 2nd rounder.

5.William Gholston, DE-A player who is coming on as the season ends. Terrific potential, Cowboys need a player with his athleticism on it's dline. Worth a fourth rd pick.
    I might prefer Margus Hunt as a project DE.

6.Dennis Johnson, RB-Love the toughness and pass catching ability of this little dynamo.
    OK.

7.Brad Sorenson, QB-Big guy with a good arm and decent athlete from a small school. I think it's worth a shot.
    The Cowboys don't have a 7th unless you got it in your trade.
  8. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Based on where we probably end up and having Indy at 24, they should be giving us atleast a 3rd to move up. Could you explain what we get out of trading with them? Since we don't currently have a 7th, it just looks like you traded, lets say #18 (900 points) for #24 (740) and their 7th which is only worth about 5 points. So, we have a 160 point difference if you follow the trade value chart. 160 is about what their 3rd will be worth. Thoughts?
  9. Oh_Canada

5,749 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Seventh player chosen not seventh rd, sorry for the confusion.

I have the same feeling of Thomas as I did Brooks Reed coming out.
  10. Oh_Canada

5,749 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    See above-I think I confused everyone with numerical order. Yes-in this scenario we used Colts third rounder to draft Jefferson.
  11. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Ok. My mistake. In that case, I like it a ton better.