Joe Horn got what he wanted from the NFL

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jksmith269, Jan 5, 2006.

1. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,926 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Joe Horn asked after the Atl tampa game why Falcons HC Mora could use a Cell phone and not get fined well the NFL evidently agreed with him today and fined Mora 25K. I wonder if Horn hadn't spoke up if the NFL would have fined Mora Prob not....

Falcons | Mora fined $25K for cell phone
    Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:31:48 -0800

ESPNews reports Atlanta Falcons head coach Jim Mora has been fined $25,000 by the NFL for using a cell phone during a Dec. 24, game at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

BTW I don't think Mora should have been fined he was on the sideline trying to get information and not using it in a celebration after a TD.
  2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

21,456 Messages
    6,363 Likes Received
    If that happened the league just lost a lot of credibility in my book in its anti celebration policy.

This is obviosly a ploy to avoid litigation or something lame like that.

Mora was not running to the scoreboard after a touchdown he scored. He was probably calling his wife.

Love the game hate the league. Could be baseball tho. Everything is relative.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,847 Messages
    2,540 Likes Received
    It wasn't about celebration or anything like that. The NFL has a rule about no cell phone use on the sidelines or something to that affect. Mora was calling someone to get clarification on whether Atlanta could afford a tie in that game against Tampa. Maybe it was his wife that knew the answer.