1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Johnny Football

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by BTX, Nov 27, 2012.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    you mean like just about every other Heisman trophy winner in the last 20 years or so?

what a joke.

talk about double standards.

If Teo was NOT from ND you would be all over him.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,345 Messages
    3,607 Likes Received
    Not many people are all over Jarvis Jones for the Heisman and he does not play at Notre Dame so your logic is flawed because I think Jones is as good, if not better, on the defensive side of the ball as Teo and I like Teo a great deal.

Teo has the advantage of playing on a Team that has almost everyone of it's games played on NBC which is shown in about every market almost every Saturday. That alone gets his name out more than most other players because most other players have games that are shown nationwide but also just in regional areas.

Personally if Johnny Football was not a freshman he would win this thing with ease and it would not even be close. As is he might still win it and that says a great deal and only enforces what I said that if he was not a freshman it would not be close.

Whether it is fair or not...Defensive guys just don't get a fair shot. Woodson did not get it just as a defensive player...they had him do ST and dabble some on offense on occasions IIRC.

And again I think many could make an argument that Jarvis Jones is just as good on the Defensive side of the ball as Teo is.

Jarvis Jones numbers...

77 tackles, 22 tackles-for-loss, 12.5 sacks, 1 interception, 7 forced fumbles, and 2 fumbles recovered...and that is while missing two games.
  3. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    RG3 certainly won on his own merit last year and Cam Newton the year before him. It does not always come out that way but the trophy is supposed to be for the most outstanding player. I wouldn't be all over Te'o if he was not from ND because he would not even be in the picture. If Manziel was on ND I would still be pulling for him because he had an outstanding year. Don't try to pull this ND bias, I have been talking them up since they were in 3rd and looking up at Oregon who had a weaker schedule.
  4. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

He just did.
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,523 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    Gratz to Manziel for winning the Heisman this year. Wish it would have been Teo'. At least it went to a Texan. :)
  6. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glad to Johnny win it. He deserved it.
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

10,523 Messages
    458 Likes Received

he did...

he might win it next year too.
  8. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    crazy that a freshman just won it.
  9. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  10. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,080 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Johnny football is such an idiot, he could be playing safety for Mack Brown.
  11. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Totally. With JFF at safety Mack Brown picks up 4 easy wins and plays Notre Dame for the national title.
  12. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Johnny Football will win a national title while at A&M mark my words.
  13. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That really let's you know Mack Brown needs to go.
  14. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

That would be so cool. Won't be easy with the schedule they'll be faced with every year.
  15. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

I'd rather Brown stay on as HC at Texas. It's like an annual event and kind of fun to watch to see who will do less with more...Mack Brown or Bob Stoops.
  16. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,080 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    they have 8 of their first 10 games at home next year with Alabama being the only team with a pulse, they finish up at LSU and at Missouri. If they could keep their Oline, next year would figure to be their best shot.
  17. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Good info. Thanks.
  18. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,523 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    No, they won't. Mark MY words.
  19. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Considering he's not a very tall guy, Manziel should stay for all four years but you never know.
  20. Mike_45

Mike_45 Active Member

1,095 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    What happened to thirtyyardslant?

I figured he would be here.