1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Johnny Manziel

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Sep 15, 2012.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kid looks like he'll be a player in the future. Over 400 yards total yards and 5 TDs through two and a half quarters.
  2. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Make that six TDs.
  3. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    against the national powerhouse SMU :laugh2:
  4. Aggie87

Aggie87 Member

151 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    For a freshman starting only his second game in college, he's looked very good today.

He actually looked pretty good last week against Florida as well, though he's still quick to tuck and run. That's just inexperience. But he's got a Tony Romo vibe to him, I think.
  5. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,086 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    aggies have every reason to be exited about this kid.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    He has that "it" factor to his game. Reminds me a little of a bigger Doug Flutie. Will be a fun watch the next few years. This is probably the best O Line he'll ever have with two first rounders at tackle.
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Not bad...let's see if he's still there by his senior year and if the Aggie Senior QB Curse still applies
  8. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,051 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    I sure hope so....that would be awesome. A&M needs some good vibes. I would love to see ALL of the teams in Texas be awesome, and then it comes down to the end...

Now, I hate that type of offense so much, but it is what it is.
  9. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,758 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    He's no anomaly... he was highly touted out of high school...
  10. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,670 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I am going to do the opposite of what Aggie fans tend to do in Longhorns threads....I am actually going to compliment and not in a backhanded way....

Manziel looked bad against Florida. Of course, it was his first college game, and any freshman QB would struggle.....especially against a defense from Muschamp and with the speed that Florida possesses.

However, in his second game, the light seemed to turn on. He found his groove and made play after play. He played lights out.

I can see why the Aggies and their fans are swimming in a pool of their own drool. The kid looks like he may give the Aggies many reasons to smile for the next 3-4 years.

Hook em Horns
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,413 Messages
    3,654 Likes Received
    Man and Zeal

Sounds hot.
  12. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,714 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    With Kingsbury there he could be the classic Texas Tech style quarterback as seen during the Leach years, but with the scrambling asset of Stephen McGee, who I think is comparable quarterback in the A&m lineage, a solid college quarterback who was undone by coaching instability and injury.
  13. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    This kid is clutch...pretty impressive