1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Recap: Jon Machota: Tweet Recap from Jerry Jones Interview

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 1, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,183 Messages
    9,699 Likes Received
    Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 22m
    Jerry Jones: Getting Travis Frederick, a player we needed, and also a WR like Terrance Williams "makes that a very successful trade for us."

Jerry Jones on not being interested in Tim Tebow: "We wish Tim all the luck and all the best in the world, but we're going forward there."

Jerry Jones: "Drafting Frederick was a big thing for us. Uniquely for us, the center of the line is so important."

Jerry Jones: Jay Ratliff "will flourish in this defensive scheme." He's "gonna have an outstanding year."

Jerry Jones: "The defense should be the strength of our team." #Cowboys

Jerry Jones: Moving to a 4-3 defense will help us "better utilize" Jay Ratliff. Opposing teams "will have to leave somebody singled-up."

Jerry Jones: "I think [DeMarcus] Ware's gonna have a much better chance for stats than he's had in the past in the 3-4."

Jerry Jones on Tyron, Free and Parnell: "They put us in great shape at our tackles. That's why we focused on the interior of our o-line."

Jerry Jones: "I don't know when I've ever seen a player impress our staff without having played in a ball game any more than Matt Johnson."

Jerry Jones: "This draft was to get these players on the field right now. Romo got the $ b/c of right now. We're interested in right now."

Jerry Jones: "These last two years with a healthy Tony Romo ... are arguably the most frustrating years that I've ever had."

Jerry Jones: "Certainly... We have a way here that Doug [Free] could flourish and it has to do with [Jermey] Parnell being here as well."

Jerry Jones on Anthony Spencer: "We'd like to have him under a long-term agreement. He knows that."

Jerry Jones on Johnny Manziel: "Gosh, do I enjoy watching him and I'm enjoying our Heisman Trophy winner."

Did the Cowboys underestimate the Seattle Seahawks in a Week 2 loss last season? Jerry Jones: "I think maybe we did."

Jerry Jones on Joseph Randle: "His appeal to us was that we didn't lose anything, we had a very similar back [to DeMarco Murray]."

Jerry Jones: "As we sit here today, I feel very good about where we are at running back. I didn't feel that good before the draft."

Jerry: Dez Bryant's "going to do the kinds of things off the field as a citizen, as a player that will keep him in the league a long time."

Jerry Jones: Monte Kiffin's 4-3 defense "will allow younger guys to play earlier."
  2. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,338 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Boy I love reading this stuff, time to take it out on Eli this year.
  3. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

3,133 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    I don't like that whole free and Parnell can flourish tweet. I want free gone like everyone else
  4. Aliencowboy

Aliencowboy Active Member

680 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    It seems like JJ wants Free to play RG and Parnell to be
    at RT.

Something like: LTSmith LGLeary CFrederick RGFree RTParnell
  5. SHAMSzy

SHAMSzy Well-Known Member

418 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    No, Parnell as starter with Free spelling him on lesser pay, at least IMO. Also don't forget about Costa. They love him.

I am so intrigued by Matt Johnson, why does everyone in the Dallas organization have a man crush on him?
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

6,136 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    I want to know how much they have seen of Matt Johnson on the practice field. If they have seen a lot of him then I will feel a little better.
  7. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,589 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    Free and flourish should never appear in the same sentence
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,829 Messages
    2,571 Likes Received
    If Matt Johnson could actually be a player, that would be huge.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,557 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    WHAT?! Better utilize? Are you saying he was less utilized as an undersized, pass rushing, 3-4 NT? NO WAI!
  10. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

4,728 Messages
    2,462 Likes Received
    Classic. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
  11. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,149 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    How impressive can Matt Johnson be if they were interested in Vaccarro? Not buying it Jerrah.
  12. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,137 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    Shh! The is he who shall not be named. Just saying his name could cause his hamstring to tear or his knee to blow out.
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,829 Messages
    2,571 Likes Received
    Last I checked we do use two safeties.
  14. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,108 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    And i'm not so sure they were that interested in Vacarro to begin with. Alot of that was media hype. Obviously not that interested in the top safeties period.

We had a chance for Reid at 18, traded down.

Had a chance at Elam or Cyprien at 31, took Frederick.
  15. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

6,136 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    I was shocked the Niners traded up for Reid. If you want to talk about a reach, that is more of a reach than Frederick.
  16. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,108 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I'm not. They are a complete team that has very little needs. And they had a ton of picks. So they had nothing to lose really.

They lost Dashon Goldson to free agency and identified Reid as they guy they wanted. Funny how nobody in the media views it as a reach. But if the Cowboys would have taken Reid at 18, it would have been a huge reach in most eyes.

Give me Frederick and Williams vs. Reid.

But really its going to be Frederick and Wilcox vs. Reid. If JJ Wilcox out performs Eric Reid, Matt Elam, John Cyprien then this trade will be a huge success.
  17. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

10,681 Messages
    2,248 Likes Received
    Jerry loves to get the huge spash, why would he decide against drafting Shariff he fell?

Because he wanted to get the sexy pick? The Center out of Wisconsin....

Could Kiffin be telling the truth, that Shariff wasn't highly valued in his Tampa 2? No, he is just covering up for Jerry, so Jerry could get his sexy pick. The Center out of Wisconsin...
  18. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

8,326 Messages
    900 Likes Received
    Jerry must not understand nuance. Kiffin is not running a 4-3, so I have heard.
  19. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

13,762 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    Butter.... Cuz ur on a roll tonight buuuuddy...:D
  20. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

13,664 Messages
    1,426 Likes Received
    He's the guy I'm rooting for most this season.