1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jonathan Cyprien

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Jan 30, 2013.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,078 Messages
    3,767 Likes Received
    I'm curious about how much game footage people have seen of this player.

a. More than 1 complete Florida International game. This could be on youtube, but it is a complete game, not highlights.
    b. The Senior Bowl only.
    c. Youtube Highlights and the Senior Bowl.
    d. Youtube Highlights only.
  2. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

216 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    C. ,What I saw was great, but what the experts have been saying has made him really appealing. An article that I had read just a minute ago said that he is an interchangeable safety and could be top 3 in the position. I know we need to help the lines, but the idea of having both him and D.J. Swearinger in the backfield is my ideal scenario.
  3. xwalker

11,078 Messages
    3,767 Likes Received
    I see you have a different or new Avatar. I probably need to get one after 8 or 9 years at this site. Oh well, I don't like to get in a hurry...
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    A. I am a bit of a college football fan. I watched the Louisville game and he made some plays in that game and a few big hits.
    FIU played him down at the line alot and in man coverage.
    I also watched the MTSU game on TV since I live right outside Nashville, we get these games. He was very good in zone coverage and attacking the ball.
    I noticed him last year when I went to the FIU MTSU game.
    Playing vs lower comp scared me until I watched the Louisville game. I don't think he is a day one starting Safety. He can play either FS or SS and think he could come in mid season and take over. I have a 3rd round pick on him but the combine could jump him up.

There are alot of small school guys I like in this draft.
    Cyprien, Winters, Brandon Williams, Quessenberry, Bass, Patton, Kieth Pough, are just a few.
  5. xwalker

11,078 Messages
    3,767 Likes Received
    I'm going to guess that you've seen more of him than most of us. I expect to see more changes in the Safety rankings after the combine/pro-days than any other position.
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Safety, and DL will for sure change alot.
    I think my guy Datone Jones will jump into the first round with his speed and strength. Dallas Thomas will be a top 5 OT/OG.
  7. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

216 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I was getting jealous of all the other cool avatars on here. Thought I needed to take the cool up one more notch.
  8. xwalker

11,078 Messages
    3,767 Likes Received
    Look like you're Fast Eddie Felson.

I added one myself. Not sure I'll stay with it though.
  9. CowboysLaw87

CowboysLaw87 Active Member

598 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    I was curious about this kid because he has a lot of supporters out there (Broaddus, Norris), so I watched a bunch of highlights of his, the Senior Bowl and the entire Louisville game.

I'll tell you what... kid was the best player on the field v. Louisville. Bridgewater included.

He has good-very good size, he likes sticking his hat in there, he can run, seems to cover lots of ground in coverage and last but not least, he plays with fire. Kid seems mentally and emotionally into it on every play.

If you offered me him in R2 I wouldn't be upset. Although he probably wouldn't be my first choice because I'm a believer in having things in order up front first. Great DL's make things easier on the secondary.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,045 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Article about where SB teams have been studying where their money. Safety is one of those positions. This team could sure use an upgrade there.