1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jones: Cowboys have there own version of Tavon Austin

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by McLovin, Sep 20, 2013.

1. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,386 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones says the Cowboys looked at Tavon Austin “hard” in the draft last April.
    They didn’t go get him, but Jones said the Cowboys might have their own versions of the speedy jitterbug.
    “If we can keep him holding the ball, Dunbar can do some of that stuff for us,” Jones said on his KRLD 105.3 FM "The Fan" radio show Friday morning. “Now he’s got some of that, he’s a playmaker. You may say, ‘Well, he may not be him.’ But still, he’s got that big playmaking ability in there. We look for some of those. Beasley in a little bit of a way has got some of that.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...s-have-their-own-versions.html##storylink=cpy
  2. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,547 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    I'm really starting to wonder about this Dubar hype. I just don't see it.
  3. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,825 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    Try again Jerry.
  4. cowboyfan4life_mark

cowboyfan4life_mark 5 outta 8 ain't bad

2,931 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Reminded me of "Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy"
    Super_Kazuya and rpatricc like this.
  5. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Dunbar can be a player if he figures this fumbling thing out. It doesn't matter how much ability you have if you a turnover risk all the time. 2 fumbles in his last 3 touches dating back to the preseason isn't something you can risk even if he is a "playmaker"
  6. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,068 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Me neither.

This team thinks that inferior players are going to elevate their play to levels that will elevate the team?

Whistling in the graveyard.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,708 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received

He hasn't been on the field long enough to do anything other than show some athletic ability and then make a mistake.

Prototypical Cowboy.
    Cebrin likes this.
  8. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,854 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Its the kiss of death for Dunbar.
    mcompact, Cebrin and JohnsKey19 like this.
  9. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,543 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    I can't for the life of me figure out why we don't toss it to him outside, he be deadly out there and there's less traffic. He'd average 8+ a carry.
  10. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,709 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    dunbar looks to be a player who can make some exciting plays but won't matter if he can't hang on to the ball. it's in his court, if he wants to be a part of the offense he has to learn to hang on to the rock
  11. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,838 Messages
    2,285 Likes Received
    I see it. Dunbar has a ton of quickness and speed. Dallas just has to find a way to get him the ball in the open field... Like the play he made against Arizona. He left those guys like they were standing still.

But therein lies the rub. I hope that Garrett/Callahan can be creative enough to give him those open field chances. IF they are... then Dunbar is going to really open some peoples eyes.

If they aren't, then the naysayers will be right.

Oh, and he has to hold on to the ball also. There is that one little caveat.
  12. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,000 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    This is Jerry.....

[IMG]

Keep trying JJ, keep trying :cool:
  13. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,252 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Aww......that's the GM we all know and love.
    Meanwhile please stick to this Jerry.
  14. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,310 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    Good for the senator.
    JPM likes this.
  15. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Neither player has been on the field long enough to know what they really can do, SMH... I do know that Dunbar better stop fumbling the damn ball!
  16. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,554 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    I thought it was funny when Dunbar was being interviewed in the locker room after practice yesterday, and Carter goes to him and hands him a football, and tells him, "here, you dropped this."
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    That's enough to warrant a roster spot for the next 2 or 3 years like Ogletree.
  18. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Jerry has this obsession with trying to make late round draft picks/UDFA top ten picks. It's not going to happen every time, we're probably the luckiest team in the league to have not just Romo, but Miles and Ratliff all pan out. At some point, you have to think the well is running dry
  19. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,270 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Hyping up another undrafted free agent as the second coming. Hey Jerry, where's Andre Holmes?
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,708 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    You might've chose the wrong team to question when it comes to hyping undrafted guys.