1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Juan Castillo fired as Eagles DC

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by pjtoadie, Oct 16, 2012.

1. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Can he coach special teams or play OT?
  2. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,856 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Yes. I am surprised the egirls didn't make him there offensive coordinator.
  3. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hire he was already on the staff he moved him from offensive line coach to D-coordinator during the lockout. Andy screwed the guy over is what he did.
  4. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I read that Nnamdi was just pissed and distraught in the locker room after that. I mean it's one thing for a DC to fail to make adjustments, but it's another thing to adjust something that's working..... first 3 quarters CJ 1 single reception for 28 yards... on like 7 targets. I don't understand why someone would change that.
  5. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    His D still beat our sorry ***** twice last year.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,666 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    Too bad Campo is not still available.
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
  8. EvilJerry88

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    This is already in the NFL Zone where it belongs.... And ***** somebody fire Joe D, but let's find a suitable replacement first.
  9. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,454 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I;m sick of hearing about this team, it's always a excuse. I want to know when it is going to come out that they are just not that good? Maybe after a double digit loss to the Falcons?
  10. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,451 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Castillo is a good coach who got the wrong assignment. Andy Reid might be hearing footsteps. it would be nice if they let him go and we go after him. don't know if Jerry can bite his ego and co-exist with a strong personality like Reid though.
  11. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    That's because you are thinking like any other logical defensive coordinator would think. Because Castillo is offense-minded, he saw that Megatron only had one catch and had to think of a way to change that, hence taking Nnamdi off of him and giving Megatron a chance to make some plays. It makes sense if you don't think about it too much.
  12. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,189 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    Accountability would be firing the moron who made the OL coach the defensive coordinator in the first place.
  13. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Tell me about it.

I seldom go the arrogant route of assuming I know more than a professional HC. I hate reading posters on this site who think they know better and question **** like Garrett's play calling.

I'll throw out an opinion on what I'd like Garrett to do or how it might make sense to attack a particular defense, but I always acknowledge the simple truth that he has more info than us and is in a better position to decide what we should do.

Either way, as accomplished as Reid is, I could never get my head arround this promotion from the start. How can you promote your OL coach to DC? When has that last happened in the modern era of football?

Now we've all seen position coaches jump to the other side of the ball. TE coach takes over LBs, DB coach takes over RBs. It's not the most common occurnace, but it happens and it often works.

But I've never seen an offensive or defensive position coach jump right to coordinator on the opposite side of the ball.
  14. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    He's a good coach. Had they let him have a year as DL coach or something like that it would have eased the transition. He's really an old school -- can coach either side of the ball -- sort of guy. He'll have another job very soon
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,454 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Not sure if anyone knows this but lots of Eagles were so pissed off about the Team blowing the 10 pt lead that they left and didn't watch Overtime

During OT you saw lots of empty seats in the stadium and the Lions didn't even have the ball yet
  16. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Not sure I'd want to watch that humongous scrubbing bubble/walrus in black on the sideline all the time.
  17. EvilJerry88

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Actually a lot of fans left because they thought they had it in the bag. Then the Lions came back and there were tons of empty seats. I have friends in Philly who's family went and they said "After the 70 yard touchdown they were up by 10 in the 4th quarter...." So they left to beat traffic. Ended up costing them a noise advantage.
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,454 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Well they sound ******** because a 10 pt lead with 5 mins left is nothing.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Andy Reid doing his long time buddy Marty a favor by firing Castillo instead of firing him.
  20. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Did not Bowles fail in Miami as a defensive coordinator? Don't recollect the Dallas secondary being particularly formidable under his tutelage either.