1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Just because you win a Super Bowl

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by zack, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    I may not consider him elite but he is more than avg. He has a 2 to 1 TD to int ratio. He is fairly accurate passing hitting 60% for his career and can make all the throws you need at this level. He is not a runner but does a good job of buying time.

I will say if this game was just about QB then Rodgers and Brady or Brees would win the SB every single year but they don't. It is the teams that win championships. Flacco is greatly helped by a solid OL, a good rushing attack and the addition of Bolden gives them that special WR who can make the tough catches and a defense who can make the big plays as well as a special teams unit that came up big.

Even with the so called elites to win they need big plays from other areas. Bree and NO won a SB he played great and while his defense gave up lots of yardage they also lead the league in take aways the year they won the SB.

Rodgers the same way the year GB won it all their defense lead by Woodson and Mathews was making big game changing plays. It is not just QB who win games

I just don't get why so many buy into the whole QB winning championshop BS when it is and always has been about the best teams winning
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,203 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    Earns and wins MVP.

He is elite.

If not for catch-non-catch against pats last year... This Super Bowl is a back to backer.
  3. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    In this day and age, 2-to-1 and 60% actually isn't that impressive. I agree with the rest of your post, though.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    As I said I don't consider him elite but I would at least say he is avg to above avg
  5. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Flacco threw 10+ TDs in this year's postseason (3 of which in the Superbowl and also had ZERO interceptions throughout the playoff run). He's won many post season games and now has a Title to show for it. Right now, he's more clutch AND elite than Romo (I understand that might be hard for you to swallow.)