1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Just not buying the hype this year

Discussion in 'Rant Zone' started by Floaty, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

32,705 Messages
    33,775 Likes Received
    It'll go over like a bad fart but the team has never won anything when Jerry Jones is large and in charge. He certainly is that now. So....do the math.

I'll get real excitement with the potential of the Cowboys once he's gone or he pulls another Parcells.

lothos05 likes this.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

32,705 Messages
    33,775 Likes Received
    You want a team built the right way?

That would require having a legitimate GM and VP of Personnel.

3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

41,081 Messages
    19,868 Likes Received
    There are 'bad farts'?

Muhast likes this.
  4. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

2,094 Messages
    1,252 Likes Received
    One positive I see from the suckage since the late 90's is that now when people find out I'm a Cowboys fan, they no longer say I'm a bandwagoner.

It's nice.

Wheeltax likes this.
  5. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

4,130 Messages
    2,168 Likes Received
    Someone finally gets it!!!!!

Congrats man.......

6. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,308 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    There are "good farts"?

7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

85,999 Messages
    8,647 Likes Received
    Nice to see that the season is over for you guys before it even starts. Good luck with that. lol

8. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,938 Messages
    350 Likes Received

Oh yah, my oh my how much they "won" with Parcells in Dallas. Get over it , already..

9. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

10,370 Messages
    1,214 Likes Received
    It's not even August yet and the sky already has fallen. Really, March-early July is the best time of the year for this forum. Keeps these types of threads to a minimum.

10. Doomsday101

85,999 Messages
    8,647 Likes Received
    I have no clue as to how this season will play out. I think Cowboys have a better chance than some teams and not as good as some others. We have areas of concern but so do others around the league. While it is great to hear some of the reports coming out of camp it still comes down to the Cowboys going executing when it counts and hopefully play smarter than they have.

No doubt as a fan yes I'm excited about this team entering the season I do see things that give me hope that they will get it done and like others there are things I see that give me reservation but I will would rather be disappointed than to have this give up attitude I see from so many. That is their choice

11. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

8,106 Messages
    1,028 Likes Received
    6-10 to 8-8

12. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

4,382 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Well, this team has self destructed every way possible in the last 15 years, we're bound to have a string of good luck sooner or later. I think we can make some noise if we execute this offense, stick with the run, and teams don't figure us out. I do have complete faith in the defense and they may carry us.

13. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

7,833 Messages
    1,153 Likes Received
    Do you mean to tell me some people get excited over their team? Well color me shocked and lets go give other people THEIR opinions. Who cares. You dont want to get excited, dont, its not goign to affect the guy next to you shelling out thousands, hundreds, tens of dollars to the team for his excitement. The NFL has become a lottery and stopped some teams of the "dynasty" eras. Okay, life beats on. It sucks, but if it wasnt your team than its a good thing. You think hte 6-6 Giants team really thought they were winning the SB, nooo, but they did. It happens. This is just another outlet for people to forget life, cheer about something bigger than them and if nothing else, other people make a living off it. Its the circle of life and people enjoy it. Cant get excited about the Boys, theres always pokeno with the old folks. Bring your pennies.

14. primemaker

primemaker New Member

22 Messages
    2 Likes Received

15. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

8,593 Messages
    3,507 Likes Received
    I've never seen the Cowboys even sniff a SB so I will believe it when I see it.

One day.

16. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

11,406 Messages
    3,774 Likes Received
    fans tend to jump ship. and teams fan bases are usually better for it. if only these people who think they deserve better would only stay away. we would be in harmony

17. primemaker

primemaker New Member

22 Messages
    2 Likes Received

18. primemaker

primemaker New Member

22 Messages
    2 Likes Received

19. primemaker

primemaker New Member

22 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Having attended the last superbowl the cowboys were in.......I to miss the glory days! That be n said...I AM AND ALWAYS WILL BE A FAN! As any"TRUE" fan of any sport franchise should be! I am as excited this year as I have been every year since I saw Roger the dodger through the HAIL MARRY to Drew against the vikings and the purple people eaters! To all of those who don't feel the same...Sorry for you ! Say you can always go get an rg3 jersey!

20. Doomsday101

85,999 Messages
    8,647 Likes Received
    Yes but if you get excited and they fail then you will be disappointed. lol

I always love that, yes if the Cowboys fail it will be a disappointment and if they have very good success it will be exciting it is the nature of sports but some do not get it they have to put their toe in the water to see if it is safe to get in. lol