1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Justin Blackmon

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by realtick, Sep 24, 2011.

1. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just love watching this kid play. The numbers he's putting up are ridiculous.

Having said that, I'm having a hard time determining how he projects at the NFL level. I don't know if he's clear #1 type, or a superior #2 prospect at the next level.

The one player that keeps coming to mind that he reminds me of is Koren Robinson (North Carolina State) during his early years.
  2. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Based on that last play, I'd say he has a little Desean Jackson in him.:laugh1:
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol, yeah, saw that as I was typing my post.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,359 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    He's simply a monster, sometimes to his own team. That fumble was unreal. Watching the coaches reactions was priceless.
  5. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's the closest thing to TO I've seen in awhile.
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Reminds me of Anquan Boldin, really. He resembles TO physically but he doesn't have that same burst and explosiveness.

With that being said, I am a little skeptical about his potential in the NFL. He's dominating on the college level due to his physical advantage over the competition but without that top speed and size (he's still only 6'1"), I dunno if he'll be dominating in the NFL.

I do laugh at those that say he's better than Dez.
  7. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,601 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    He actually reminds me of Mike Williams in college...but if he becomes a Dallas Cowboy I hope he doesn't play like Mike Williams the pro.
  8. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    this.

everything i was thinking and i didnt have to type it:D
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know, he doesn't remind me of Boldin physically, but I do actually think that he projects to be a Boldin-like receiver in the pros. Like Boldin, I don't think he has the straight-line speed to be a consistent threat deep, but he is a chain-mover that can take over a game like Boldin would at times during his early years.

I really think if you put Blackmon next to a guy like Calvin Johnson in Detroit, the kid would flourish.
  10. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received

Maybe he'll run a bad 40 time and we can grab him in the 2nd/3rd round next year to be our #3 :)

I can dream at least.
  11. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I'd rather have Broyles.
  12. brymatt94

brymatt94 Active Member

388 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I was watching an interview on youtube I believe; a few months back. He said he learned a lot from Dez having to do with work ethic and how to prepare. He seems like a good guy.
  13. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    he would be a perfect #3, he is just like shipley
  14. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Guys like Kendall Wright, Broyles and Joe Adams all would be great potential slot receivers.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,799 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    He is a stud. He will be a stud in the NFL.
  16. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He has million dollar talent but he might have a .10 cent head... If I was drafting him I might not be looking for him to fill the #1 spot till I got him in camp and a few games to see where he is emotionally/mentally ...in other words I might not be looking at the top of round 1 at him but I might start looking at him late in rnd 1, early 2 (which probably isn't possible as he probably goes rnd 1).
  17. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,291 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    The problem we have at WR is our depth on the outside if Miles or Dez go down. Beyond them, everyone is kind of in this slot receiver mold. If we do draft a WR somewhere in this draft I think it should be a bigger, physical player who can be effective outside if one of our top 2 guys goes down.

These guys are just a couple who fit the mold that are projected 4-5 Rounders:

Jarrett Boykin (6-2 #215) VT
    Nick Toon (6-3 #217) WISC
    Jermaine Kearse (6-2 #205) WASH
    DeVier Posey (6-2 #213) OSU
  18. ringmaster

ringmaster Active Member

1,697 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    He has the same attributes of Dez, not saying that he's better but they have the same build.
  19. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Justin Blackmon straight ABUSED Prince Amukamara when Nebraska played OSU last year. I'd love to have him, Dez, and Austin. That would be stellar!
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,467 Messages
    1,974 Likes Received
    I was pimping him last year... He's really good.

That said, he's particularly big or fast and he's definitely a mental midget. I'd beware.