1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Justin Durant Gets First Chance To Replace Lee At Middle LB

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by morasp, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    644 Likes Received
    I di
    he missed 4 of the last 6 games last year at MLB. He really isn't much better than Lee at staying on field. They might have to just throw caution to the wind and go with youth here.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,762 Messages
    5,915 Likes Received
    I turns out that Holloman was out of practice for some reason. That might have been the reason that Durant was in at MLB; although Durant did look decent in the small amount of time that he played at MLB last season.
  3. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,987 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Well in that case, let's call our old 1st round finesse LB Barbie C back up.

I'm sure he'll be compelled once he sees the new stretching environment instituted within this world class facility.
  4. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,911 Messages
    984 Likes Received
  5. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

913 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Alex Albright might be worth a look......Heard a rumor we could be looking into convincing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed to sign together. @ this point...I'n not shocked to hear anything.
  6. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Justin Durant used to play MLB for Jack Del Rio in Jacksonville once upon a time.
  7. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

6,686 Messages
    1,430 Likes Received
    What do dig up mean?
    Fletch, TonyS, jazzcat22 and 3 others like this.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Duran is probably the best LB on the roster right now. SAM is the least important LB spot so it make a ton of sense to shift him over. He'll be ok if the DL can keep him clean.
    Fletch likes this.
  9. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,450 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    It really appears to me the C'boys organization is committed to settling the MLB problem in house, either with Durant or whoever looks able to provide reasonably adequate replacement for Lee. Forget about bringing in other outside vets -- it isn't likely, imho. Those available would likely be washed up anyhow and still be obliged to be indoctrinated into our current system.
  10. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,978 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    Let the young, hungry guys battle it out...I don't want the "dancin' to the oldies" committee to come in here if we start bringing guys in (old vets) that have not only lost a step, but steps they can't find any more....IMO, Durant was playing the Mike because Holloman was out...competition between Holloman, Hitchens and Durant should give one of those stories to watch in TC....
    theSHOW likes this.
  11. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,697 Messages
    3,196 Likes Received
    At first I thought you were making a somewhat inflated claim about Durant... But thinking about it, at this point you're right. He is probably the best LB on the roster.
    Wolfpack likes this.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    then hire him as a coach. He physically would be an embarrassment on the field now.
    guag likes this.
  13. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,697 Messages
    3,196 Likes Received
    Yep.

Last time I looked the Cowboys had a linebacker coach.
  14. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,904 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    I think Sean Lee will be out there helping the LB's as soon as he can. No need for anyone else, other than the current LB coach & Lee.
  15. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,052 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    Marinelli and his staff are more than capable of teaching the young guys. Urlacher would be a progress stopper. He's not coming to Dallas.
  16. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,634 Messages
    933 Likes Received
    Lee and his kind are progress stoppers. As old as y'all are saying Urlacher is, he'd still be the best on our team at the present time. What does that say about our group?
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    From an experaince stand point I think Durant has an edge but I would not be surprised to see Holloman beat him out for the starting job. Holloman at 6'02 242 is bigger and from what I have seen of the 2 Holloman seems to be quicker
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    "Yeah, I'm playing a lot of golf," Urlacher told the newspaper. "The first thing on my mind when I wake up isn't working out anymore. So that's a good thing. Doesn't make me mad.”

And believe him, Urlacher doesn't sound interested at all in making a comeback. It has been a month since he announced his retirement, and Urlacher doesn't seem to be regretting his decision.

"No. No," Urlacher said. "My agent, when I told him -- I just want to retire -- he went through every scenario: 'What if so-and-so calls? What if they offer me $10 million?' I don't want to play. I don't have a desire to play. I'm not in shape. I haven't been doing football stuff.

Put another way, He no want to play football. I hate these rumors reporters know he played for Rod so all of a sudden he is coming? LOL He has no desire to play any longer
  19. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,052 Messages
    1,086 Likes Received
    I don't agree that he'd be the best on our team. He's not in his prime anymore.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,006 Messages
    7,753 Likes Received
    He'd be far, far from the best LB on this team. There's a reason the guy is on the street right now. He's done.