1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kamerion Wimbley

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Silverstar, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,955 Messages
    18 Likes Received
  2. wood28

wood28 Member

450 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I take Wimberly in 2nd if Lawson is gone

Notes:
    Could be a 3-4 outside linebacker...Entered college at only 210 lbs so he has done a good job of adding weight and has the frame to get bigger still...A classic 'tweener who a team will need to find the right role for...At the very least he should excel as a situational pass rusher...Still has a lot of upside.

I like this.
  3. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same - a second or an early third. Alot of the hype will die down, and guys will start to slip.
  4. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,955 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    He certainly looks the part of an OLB (6-3 3/8 245), even though he's been playing DE throughout his career. Scott Wright had nothing but positive things to say about Wimbley in his practice reports as well.

Monday's practice...

Thursday's practice...

Not the freakish specimen that Manny Lawson seems to be right now, but looks like a really good prospect from a solid program.
  5. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Wimberly could rise on the combine. It all depends on how he works out.
  6. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,955 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    You mean like his 40 time? Agility tests?

I can't imagine him being too slow for OLB, but you could be right. I'll be keeping an eye on him tomorrow for sure. Hope he plays a little OLB too...but I doubt it.
  7. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Yeah. If Wimberly runs a 4.5, he will shoot up draft boards. They have him at a low 4.6, but there are techniques that can be used to shed time off your forty. Don't be surprised to see this guy run a 4.5 at the combine. Ronnie Brown was able to go from a 4.5 to a low 4.3 after a proper training regime and a professional track coach's assistance.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I like WImbley alot, read his bio, he never started at DE, but before '05, but he was racing towards the FSU career, tackle for loss record, note: he never started during that time, I think it was 19 TFL before this year, not starting, shows that he knows how to disrupt plays in the backfield
  9. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,955 Messages
    18 Likes Received