1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Keenan Allen vs Terrance Williams

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CATCH17, May 2, 2013.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    There is some suspicion that we put a lot of value this year on durability.

That may have tipped the scales in favor of Terrance Williams over a guy like Keenan Allen.

We see this in medicine all the time and we call in the pendulum. It swings one way too far and then instead of correcting itself to the middle where it belongs and will eventually stop it swings to the opposite end instead.

I don't really know who will be the better player and neither does anyone else. It'll be interesting to see if we can develop Williams who is raw but has good size, good speed and decent hands. He is a pretty unpolished route runner so the coaches will have their work cut out for them. I'm not sure if he's ready to start by 2014 but that is obviously what the FO wants so that Miles Austin can be replaced unless he returns to 2009 form.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,903 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    Well, I don't think Williams was a reach. I just prefer the other two. Allen's durability is a legit concern though.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    I think Williams is a better fit for us, personally. If we didn't have Dez or Austin, then I could see making the argument for Allen.
  4. Risen Star

21,903 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    I don't like that kind of thinking. That was why we drafted Felix Jones. He was a better fit with Barber.

Well now we see that paled in comparison to the better player.
  5. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

995 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Complimentary works better when you are talking about WR's because they are on the field at the same time
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    I don't think drafting Felix had anything to do with him being a better fit than Barber. We paid Barber AFTER we wasted a first rounder on Felix, we drafted Felix to compliment Barber, which is about the dumbest thing you can do.

I don't disagree with you that you probably take the better receiver period, but I do like the idea of adding size and speed to the receiving core.

That's all with the caveat, of course, that I didn't even want a receiver anytime early this draft.
  7. Risen Star

21,903 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    Not a better fit than Barber. A better fit with Barber.

There was video evidence of our current head coach telling our GM that we already had the power back and Felix was the best compliment to that. This occurred in the war room right before the pick was made.
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Keenan Allen is a supreme talent but combine a long recovery from PCL with rumors of a failed drug test and 40s in the 4.7s and he was going to fall.

He remind me of Anquan Boldin and if he gets a lot stronger he could end up being that guy.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Actually he was projected earlier as a late 1st round to early 2nd round pick... PER NFL NETWORK
  10. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,280 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    Good point.