1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Keep hope alive .. Rookie safety Matt Johnson was at practice and working to the side

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jblaze2004, Dec 27, 2012.

1. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,608 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    lets keep drafting projects. Been doing it for a decade now, seems to work
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,773 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    What is your definition of a "project"
  3. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    To be fair I never read or heard anywhere that they were high on anything about AOA except for his athleticism.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,296 Messages
    1,768 Likes Received
    Ultimately all drafted players are projects since we don't know how they will pan out. Vick was a 1st rd pick outside of killing dogs he has cost 2 HC their job because they believed in him. :D
  5. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Yeah no kidding, I would say anyone drafted outside of the third round that doesn't play OL could be considered a project.
  6. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,038 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    2013 preseason, Matt Johnson breaks his collarbone running out of the tunnel, expected to be 'healthy' for the regular season!

:laugh2:
  7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    That is a bit much, a high ankle sprain would be more realistic. Posters are sure fast to defend a overdrafted rookie that can't stay healthy. I didn't like the pick on draft day and he has done nothing to change that opinion. It looks like a one player draft whith the one player costing too much.
  8. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yup. We already know Hanna sucks. We already know Crawford sucks. We already know Johnson sucks, even though he has been injured the whole time. stupid Jerry....
  9. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    A Dallas Cowboys draft pick.
  10. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Only a clueless person would call him overdrafted. At least two other teams were interested in him within 10 picks with one team upset they didn't get him.

Just because a couple of draft websites were unaware of his true grade doesn't make things true. Work on making contacts, then you can make an informed dislike of a pick because you don't see what others see, not because you've never heard nor seen the player.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,297 Messages
    6,256 Likes Received
    All I know about Matt Johnson is nobody even knew who he was before he was drafted and anybody excited about his potential feels that way strictly out of homerism. Because they sure didn't think anything of him at all before he was picked and hasn't done a thing on the field yet to warrant any excitement.
  12. Risen Star

20,297 Messages
    6,256 Likes Received
    Actually, the real clueless buy what a team tells them about their draft picks.

Did these other teams contact you with this information? Or did you gobble up the Jerry Chex with a foam spoon and a smile?

I look at a lot of draft rankings. Most didn't think enough of Johnson to even consider him a priority free agent.

Now that doesn't mean he has to suck. They didn't think anything of Lissemore either and he's turned out to be okay. But he sure looks like a player that was over drafted.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,228 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
    I'd say his athletic ability matched with his production has me excited.

I'd be shocked if he isn't 2 years away from doing anything though.
  14. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,038 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I'm gonna give the guy a pass until next year. My only question was, and it dates back to preseason... why did he stick on the roster instead of IR until late November? With all the injuries we've had, that really sticks out like a sore thumb.
  15. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,490 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    The same can be said about Morris from the Redskins.

You can argue that Shanny can spin hay into gold with RBs but the truth is that Morris was a very good power back from a small school who was drafted purely on production.

I don't know if Johnson is going to amount to anything but I'd like to see him get on the field first before I write him off.
  16. This is Our Year

This is Our Year Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike

1,395 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    We made out ok with Romo Austin and Ratliff to name a few. You hit on some you miss on some. I have no problem taking chances on guys that need seasoning every once in a while.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,296 Messages
    1,768 Likes Received
    Naw see our experts here write them off ahead of time. Truth be told no one knows how Johnson will do
  18. Risen Star

20,297 Messages
    6,256 Likes Received
    Eh, is this team full of good talent evaluators and I missed it? It could mean absolutely nothing that he's stuck around this long.

I haven't written him off either. There is just no reason whatsoever to feel good about that pick right now.
  19. Risen Star

20,297 Messages
    6,256 Likes Received
    Right. If you take away the coach's proven track record and Morris' actual production on the field in their uniform, they are the same situation.
  20. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    As I recall we had 2 or 3 posters who liked the guy. Maybe not in the 4th, but we all rely on Draft publications and the NFL relies on something else and we heard 2 teams also had him where we took him.