Keith Davis

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RASTACOWBOY, Aug 14, 2005.

1. RASTACOWBOY

RASTACOWBOY New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm just back from out of the country. How is Keith Davis doing? I'm a big fan of how this kid plays football.
  2. Duane

Duane Well-Known Member

6,935 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    He didn't look very good last night. Gave up at least two plays I saw.
  3. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

2,033 Messages
    1,515 Likes Received
    he did good on special teams but he didnt look very aware at fs. im pulling for him too I really like Keith
  4. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,392 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Not too many safeties are going to make a play on that TD to Fitz. They were in a deep zone and LF was allowed to run free. He simply got on top of deep support too quickly, with no resistance. Fundamentally speaking, that is a big no-no in zone coverage.

No bump. Nothing but a straight run, up seam. That can't happen with a receiver of his caliber - ever.

Aside from that, I don't recall KD distinguishing himself one way or another. Tough to really guage safety play, for me, unless a wide screen view of the secondary is available. Being at the game helps too.
  5. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    looks like the role he had previously is the role he is best suited for...

I dont think he is FS material at all from what I saw last night...maybe he'll get better, I dunno

I think our starting FS and RT arnt on the current roster

David
  6. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,392 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Aye. That's entirely possible. Might be some minor retooling prior to the opener.
  7. lyrclcipha12

lyrclcipha12 New Member

867 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hes the reason for the touchdown that fitzgerald scored...he took a terrible route to the ball from what i remember...