1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kerrigan shows why he could be first-round steal

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 15, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Kerrigan shows why he could be first-round steal
    http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/
    Posted: March 15th, 2011 | Gil Brandt | Tags: Ryan Kerrigan, Joe Cullen, Purdue pro day
    If you didn’t know already, this is a deep draft class along the defensive line. So finding a good one shouldn’t be too difficult.

That being said, since Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan is rated below many of the same players at his position, whoever ends up with him in the middle to late first round could wind up with a steal of a pick.
  2. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Defensive line is stocked with first round talent this year. Makes you wonder how big of a drop off there actually is between guys like Watt, who is now being talked about as top 10, and guys like Kerrigan who is anywhere from middle of first round to late 20's.

If you'r a team like the Boys sitting at 9, and are thinking bout Watt or Jordan at 9..Then why not trade down for a guy like Kerrigan, Clayborn, Wilkerson, Heyward ?
  3. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not sure that there is a drop off between Watt and Kerrigan.
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, I think comparing the two is a misnomer; Watt is close to 300 lbs and is a prototypical 34 DE. Kerrigan is 274 lb and could play DE in a 43 or OLB in a 34.

I like both players a lot.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,008 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    I think Kerrigan is going to be a star.

He's also a bit of a monster. Entered school at 233 lbs and is leaving 4 years later at a solid 275, nuts.
  6. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    3/16/11: Ryan Kerrigan stood on his outstanding Combine 40 at his Pro Day, but measured in seven pounds heavier. He's now at 274, so forget about him playing the 3-4. Predictably, Jacksonville defensive line coach Joe Cullen was at Kerrigan's workout.