1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kick and Punt Returners

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by a_minimalist, Apr 28, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Anyone know of anyone left who would be a good KR/PR guy for us? Maybe Boykin??
  2. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,107 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    I can't envision drafting anyone else that would make the roster at this point.
  3. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    There are alot of players left that could make this roster.

As for returners, Joe Adams would be tops on the list, after him there are a few that are grouped together including Boykin.
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,263 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    Do you follow the Cowboys?:)

Charles would make it as a TE

Miller and Gray would make it as a RB

Boykin or Johnson would make it as CB's

Cousins would make it as QB

Bryan would make it as a TE

Collie would make it as a LB

lots of talent left. I can see at least 3 of our picks make the final 53 if we use them right.
  5. Avery

8,107 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    I'm talking strictly about returners. I don't think we'll go back to the CB well yet and I'm not convinced that they'd go WR and just stick with what we have.
  6. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I am tired of watching them waste picks on special teams fodder. They need to keep drafting potential starters. Dez and Claiborne along with a few others can return punts, we need depth at NT, C and Id like to see another LB as well.
  7. Avery

8,107 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    Agree completely. With the direction the league is going with kicking, KR's may be a thing of the past in a few short years.
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well I would only want a guy who could also play a position well like Adams or Boykin.

Wouldn't want a guy like Skyler Green at all.
  9. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, I hope not, Avery... at this point, we're seriously screwed if Austin or Bryant had to miss any extended playing time... unless a couple of the youngsters step up big time, we need some help at WR...
  10. Avery

8,107 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    Ogletree, Harris, Holley, Radway, Holmes, it's going to pretty crowded. I could live without Otree and Holley though.
  11. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Special teams play...both Carr and Connor will be added here. Both desire the 'additional duty.'

Danny McCray is the 'new' Bill Bates. Then there is Barry Church and Alex Allbright that add a lot as well.

As to returns, Dwayne Harris sparkled in limited duty. He averaged 28.9 yards a return. He may not hit the home run, but he produces at a high clip...at least on the early returns.

As to punt return, there is still Felix Jones. His role here may expand, with Demarco Murray getting more reps at running back...
  12. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,838 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Chris Rainey or Joe Adams as a returner
  13. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, to me Harris, Radway and Holmes are the only legit contenders for playing time... that's a little thin...