1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kiffin has to be fired right now

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Stinger_Splash, Oct 28, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,042 Messages
    4,539 Likes Received
    This was a problem. I don't know how much flexibility Kiffin and Marinelli had. I you double CJ then you change up the defense a good bit and put a lot more on the safeties which is problematic. Plus you need good pressure from the DL if you do that and we just didn't get that against Det IMO.
  2. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

1,149 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    two 10 point leads late in the 4th quarter yesterday. utterly abysmal.
  3. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Yes, it is orange slice and trophy time. Stop acting like things are so black and white. If all you care about is winning, then why not skip the 60 minutes of football and check the box score at the end? There are good things to take out of losses, as well as there are bad things to take out of wins. A positive to take out of our losses, is that we've hung in against some tough competition and hostile circumstances.
  4. crashintonickdm

1,149 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    i always take this away from losses too. with that being said, we continue to lose this way and its been going on for a long time. when we do get into another meaningful game possibly in the wild card round against a decent opponent, what makes you think the same won't happen then?

you can fight all you want, but if you make the bigger mistake to cost you a game as they've done countless times, what does it matter? i want to scream sometimes. ughhhh.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    The problems not the Coordinator, everyone in the entire World of Football knows why Dallas sucks.
  6. crashintonickdm

1,149 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    the world that aren't cowboy fans will say romo, so you're wrong.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,171 Messages
    2,344 Likes Received
    If Kiffin had Detroit's defensive line, this would be the top-ranked defense in the NFL.
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,342 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Ever consider that with the likes of Jakar Hamilton, BW Webb, and Jeff Heath forced into the game to cover 1 of the league's best passing offenses, Kiffin didn't trust his secondary to play man-to-man in those final minutes?

It's not a video game where you can just make a call and expect things to happen.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,603 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Right. You don't think Monte saw the writing on the wall for his son?
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,603 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Or just Ware and Spencer even
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received
    This is true. I'm not saying Kiffen is devoid of responsibility in this, to each his equal share, but when Kiffen decided to join this team, he thought he would be lining up with Spencer, Rat, Hatch and Dware.

This defense is a long way from that one IMO.
  12. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,620 Messages
    550 Likes Received
    Especially when you factor in the off the street acquistions on the D line, and we were playing the last series with two guys at safety positions who were either just brought up, or recently made the 53 roster.

I for one am surprised, and give Marinelli a ton of credit for keeping us in any way competitive.
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received
    Is that why Spags was saying earlier in the season that he didnt understand why the safeties were lining up in Desoto, meaning they were like 40 yards deep. Is this why Spags was saying that he did not understand how TEs are just allowed a free release with no jam at all. Is that why Spags was saying that he didnt understand in the Denver game why you have a safety standing still while a WR runs full speed at him and he has to guess which way the WR is going to break?

None of this has anything to do with scheme? Its all lack of talent?

Seriously?
  14. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received
    Excellent points.....................I got no problem showing Opie and his .500 resume the door. He can go be a .500 coach in Jacksonville.
  15. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received
    I just asked this same question in another thread about Garrett. The argument was that he didnt have enough talent to win with. I then asked how could any head coach in the NFL be fired then? All they have to do is tell the owner, "Sir, we really dont have enough talent to compete at this time. I think I need another 2 or 3 seasons". You think Tampa Bay has the talent to compete? How about Minny? How about Jacksonville? So how are head coaches from bad teams fired every year?

I usually get crickets as a response..............they dont want to admit that coaches really get fired for losing because they know that Garrett has won jack going on almost 4 years as head coach.
  16. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received
    Ryan was playing with half the defense signed off the street every week and was shown the door................................funny how he didnt get the Garrett/Kiffen not enough talent excuse.
  17. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    You know, the Pats have lost 2 starters on D, Mayo and Wilfork, 2 of their best players on D. Still winning.

Lost Talib, in the running for defensive MVP at this point. Still winning.

Its well known how much trouble they have had at their receivers and Vareen, and word is Brady is hurt also. Still winning.

You gotta overcome injuries, its part of the game, don't make excuses cause of them. But week after week we hear excuses from Jerry and company, and we start to accept them. They shouldn't be accepted.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,724 Messages
    10,005 Likes Received
    Why fire him? Let him enjoy his last three weeks.
  19. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received
    So now the argument is not about injuries, but skins on the wall.

How many more qualifiers/excuses are we going to give Opie/Kiffen?
  20. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received
    I know, right.

I guess we are in to "moral victories" now that Opie and Grandpa are running things....................................."Everybody on 3, 2, 1, RESPECTABLE SHOWING"!!!!!!!!