1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kiffin Wants Rod Marinelli Per Brad Biggs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MrMom, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

272 Messages
    131 Likes Received

Thanks!!
  2. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He also hates Rob Ryan with the passion of a thousand suns.
  3. Matts4313

Matts4313 Active Member

272 Messages
    131 Likes Received

What for?
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I've never specifically heard him say, but I think it's a lot of the rumors and stuff about Rob Ryan skipping meetings and being unorganized. I take it he heard the first hand details at the Ranch. I believe his exact words are "He's a mutt!!"
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,683 Messages
    2,418 Likes Received
    I think he just hated Rob's scheme. He complained for weeks and weeks about our over-complicated schemes -- both the 12-and 9-men on the field ones and the ones that had Ware and Spencer dropping into coverage so much. He also though our coverage schemes were too often simply unsound.

He's been saying for many weeks that we need to keep it simple and, especially up front, let our good D-ends (OLBs before) blow up the field and go after the QB. Which of course we are now about to do.
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I thought that was the extent of it too, but he was definitely a little more loose with the lips last week after Ryan had been fired. He made some quip the day Ryan was fired about how they need a defensive coordinator who's going to be going over details with players instead of "being off in the next room playing Parcheesi, or whatever."

But, yeah, anyone associated with Lacewell seems to have a violent reaction to all things 3-4.
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Eatman saying it on twitter now too, or at least it's going to happen.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,683 Messages
    2,418 Likes Received
    Maybe so. He definitely hears what's going on out there lately, through whatever channel.
  9. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,253 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    The Eagles game where Nick Foles hit an open Maclin for a TD was a great example of Ryan's playcalling getting too cute.

He sent a four man rush, but the 4th rusher was Scandrick off the slot while Spencer dropped in coverage.

Spencer can only cover so much ground and that left Sensabaugh in a really bad situation to cover Maclin.

I've listened to Smith a few times and he's really a good guy who breaks stuff down to a point that the average listener can understand.